Had a chance to browse the IU board | Syracusefan.com

Had a chance to browse the IU board

One of my co-workers is an IU grad. Sent him a text to get his thoughts on the matchup. His response: "Don't see this being close, unless we fall asleep."

Not speaking to him this week!

I think the 2nd half of BE Tourney Louisville game has convinced their thoughtless fan base that we are easily beaten.

They're in for a surprise.

im looking forward to our guys embracing the challenge but in all honesty i think iu is going to struggle against the zone. If james gets free and gets good looks on offense it will force iu's small guards too press hard. outside of mich st and gtown iu has not seen length like ours. They havent been dominant against good teams and if we get out on shooters and make their bigs hit jumpers.. we have a great shot..

They made the list

F Indiana

What complete douchebags. Wow. I thought fans were tools. These guys give them a run for their money.
I agree. A lot of hate over there. F Indiana F Mellencamp F TonyGeorge and F KeithSmart . I could add Bobby Knight but...I kinda like him.

One of my fondest memories of the '87 title run was going up to Marshall Street after we beat Providence to advance to the title game. I'll never forget the cheer that rung out from the crowd for more than an hour:

Let's Go Orange, F Indiana...

worst fanbase in America. Actually edge Dook and KU.

Teams that blow at football and are basketball schools have awful fans. Its always been that way I can't stand schools like that.

(And I hate to say it but reading some of the shiit spewed on here last night we're probably the same to a degree and I am ashamed...even though I don't think we are anywhere near IU or KU and do have football history and a NC in FB wish some folks would show some class and support these kids I want to throw up every time I see some idiot slamming MCW or BT for missed fts.)

We're ranked 7th in defensive efficiency for the season (3rd of teams still in the Tourney).

We're ranked 2nd in opponent shooting percentage. Teams shoot 37.3% against us, only Kansas holds teams to a lesser shooting percentage.

We're the 10th best offensive rebounding team in the country (2nd of teams still in the Tourney).

IU basketball has sucked for the better part of the last decade. It's no surprise that their fans are rather clueless when it comes to college basketball. Acting like a bunch of virgins that think they know what it's like to bang a hot chick.

Well why wouldn't they act like that? They get rings just for making the Sweet 16!

One of my fondest memories of the '87 title run was going up to Marshall Street after we beat Providence to advance to the title game. I'll never forget the cheer that rung out from the crowd for more than an hour:

Oh yea ! I was right there in the middle of it ! What a party !

I agree. A lot of hate over there. F Indiana F Mellencamp F TonyGeorge and F KeithSmart . I could add Bobby Knight but...I kinda like him.
F Uwe Blab

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

IU basketball has sucked for the better part of the last decade. It's no surprise that their fans are rather clueless when it comes to college basketball. Acting like a bunch of virgins that think they know what it's like to bang a hot chick.

Not to take the thread too off topic, but OC if you could, for the benefit of me and probably 90% of the participants on this board...What is it like to bang a hot chick?

Again, do you guys realize what we have here?

We have the most talented team remaining in the Tourney, including Louisville.

It's all up to these boys now. We will shut down our opponents in their offensive plans, & this will come down to whether or not we can cut down on our stupid mistakes on offense.

so i wonder how long until billings from their board comes and gives us hell??? mods? lol - considering they recognized we checked out their board you would think they are smart enough to realize a troll is not going to get approved to post..

i love the stories about su grads leaving to go to iu..im calling bs on that... story tellers...

so i wonder how long until billings from their board comes and gives us hell??? mods? lol - considering they recognized we checked out their board you would think they are smart enough to realize a troll is not going to get approved to post..

i love the stories about su grads leaving to go to iu..im calling bs on that... story tellers...

Or the one about how there are more IU fans in NYC than SU fans.

Or the one about how there are more IU fans in NYC than SU fans.
But that guy lived in NYC for a year after graduation, he clearly knows what he's talking about!

Not to take the thread too off topic, but OC if you could, for the benefit of me and probably 90% of the participants on this board...What is it like to bang a hot chick?
LMAO...90% of the board?!?! You poor fellas.

cracks me up when ppl from other parts of the country try to villify the east coasters like we are some kind of evil bad guy to their being a city full of dudley do-rights..

They made the list

F Indiana

What complete douchebags. Wow. I thought fans were tools. These guys give them a run for their money.

Not sure it makes sense to gauge a fanbase by 20 minutes on the message board following a tourney win (or loss), as the asanine comments will stand out and tend to define the others (not to mention define the fan base that does not spend time on message boards). i dont know whether you could characterize the SU fans negatively, but if you held our fans to the same standard and based it on your review of the most abrasive, arrogant and ignorant posters, you would have to conclude the fans here were likewise tools no?

Us too. I remember someone running up to our car, and pouring their beer on our windshield. My Dad used the wipers to clear it off. Lol

Not sure it makes sense to gauge a fanbase by 20 minutes on the message board following a tourney win (or loss), as the asanine comments will stand out and tend to define the others (not to mention define the fan base that does not spend time on message boards). i dont know whether you could characterize the SU fans negatively, but if you held our fans to the same standard and based it on your review of the most abrasive, arrogant and ignorant posters, you would have to conclude the fans here were likewise tools no?

Yah but still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom