Happy Birthday Kueth!!! | Syracusefan.com

Happy Birthday Kueth!!!

To me Kueth is a great example of what hard work and a great community can achieve together. Happy birthday Kueth Duany!

Without a doubt - a very good player and a great citizen and ambassador for our program. Duany was definitely the whipping boy of that team (I think Boeheim held Kueth responsible for everything from missed defensive assignments to global warming), but he always took it in stride and had a smile on his face.

To mix it up a bit, alphabetically, I'm pretty sure CTO has told the story of how a lot of opponents considered Q the X-factor in 2003--the back-breaker that teams could not solve while trying to contain Carmelo, GMAC, Hak, Edelin, etc. Pace was huge, too, if you go back and watch some of the footage--particularly against Texas, when it was a race to see which team would outscore the other.

As others have observed, here and elsewhere, Q took an enormous amount of heat from JB, and I never saw him bristle. One of my all-time favorites. Hope it's a happy birthday wherever you may be, Mr. Duany.

To mix it up a bit, alphabetically, I'm pretty sure CTO has told the story of how a lot of opponents considered Q the X-factor in 2003--the back-breaker that teams could not solve while trying to contain Carmelo, GMAC, Hak, Edelin, etc. Pace was huge, too, if you go back and watch some of the footage--particularly against Texas, when it was a race to see which team would outscore the other.

As others have observed, here and elsewhere, Q took an enormous amount of heat from JB, and I never saw him bristle. One of my all-time favorites. Hope it's a happy birthday wherever you may be, Mr. Duany.

Funny Kueth story... Tomcat and I attended the Boeheims' Basket Ball back in, maybe 2002, when it was still at the ON Center. (It was definitely before 2003). Kueth was there, resplendent in black tie, as are all the players... but he was wearing sneakers, and all his team mates were teasing him unmercifully about them. Apparently he could not find a rental pair of dress shoes large enough... so he wore the best shoes he owned (which was his best pair of sneakers). It was on that night that Tomcat and I both decided we loved Kueth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom