Happy Jersey Day!: New Syracuse Football Players Get Their Numbers | Syracusefan.com

Happy Jersey Day!: New Syracuse Football Players Get Their Numbers

Nice recap.

What is up with the incoming quarterbacks and the uniform numbers they have been assigned?

All are doubled up with defensive players...productive ones that are going to be play and are on the two deep.

Kimble (3) with Eskridge

Wilson (5) with Arciniega

and

Allen (8) with Lyn

Weird.

Those B1G announcers are going to be beside themselves explaining why the starting quarterback is also starting at cornerback.

"This kid has to be an outstanding athlete..."

He isn't listed in the Student directory either...did he not make it to campus?

What is up with the incoming quarterbacks and the uniform numbers they have been assigned?

You can have two players wear the same number as long as they're not on the field at the same time.

You can have two players wear the same number as long as they're not on the field at the same time.

Yeah, I catch it from time to time. First time I remember was watching Texas, Derrick Johnson was their All American linebacker, and they also had a #11 on offense who was a top player.

I realize that, just thought it was weird that all of them were assigned numbers already being used by scholarship players.

That tends not to happen that often. These days, seems like everyone wants to wear a low number....

I know a
I realize that, just thought it was weird that all of them were assigned numbers already being used by scholarship players.

That tends not to happen that often. These days, seems like everyone wants to wear a low number....

I'll attest to that, at our high school all of the kids fight over the single digits. Even the teens, they were a number nobody wanted when I played and now they're second up for grabs.

That's why our number selection goes by WEIGHTROOM appearances now. An 8th grader can get a number over a Sr. Needless to say, our WEIGHTROOM numbers have increased significantly.

Nice recap.

All are doubled up with defensive players...productive ones that are going to be play and are on the two deep.

Kimble (3) with Eskridge

Wilson (5) with Arciniega

and

Allen (8) with Lyn

Weird.

Those B1G announcers are going to be beside themselves explaining why the starting quarterback is also starting at cornerback.

"This kid has to be an outstanding athlete..."

2 Funderburk/Morgan
18 Clark/Kelly
25 Kobena/Jackson (walk on DB)
27 Morris/Kirkland
55 Coleman/Trudo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Plenty of numbers available in the 60's.

Only Yankee pitchers wear numbers in the 60's.

Plenty of numbers available in the 60's.

Only Yankee pitchers wear numbers in the 60's.

puig031613.jpg

Even though he's not a pitcher, the Yanks would love this guy.