Has Diaco lost it? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Has Diaco lost it?

wait, I realized that I did not reply to the OP's question. No, diaco has not lost it. He never had it to lose.

UConn football - "You can't do that on television"

Does this mean you can only get a Barf burger at the Rent now?

les-lye-barth.jpg

All the Meatheadness of Coach Shafer and all the total lack of awareness of Gerg.

ISIS is out there cutting people's heads off and we're talking about Nickelodeon!?
Haha...I love Shafer, but I couldn't resist on that one. By far his worst moment as our coach.

Slightly off topic but their football board is like going back in time to us circa 2014.

Slightly off topic but their football board is like going back in time to us circa 2014.
I don't troll their board but this makes me want too. They have a meathead DC talking about crazy stuff and just coming off like a moron.
They are lucky though they are playing a mid major schedule. I want them to win games and keep this knucklehead. You always fire a guy early than late. Keeping Gerg that 4th year was beyond dumb thank goodness Coyle didn't. Having more money made it easier for sure.
Diaco got an extension earlier this year during the offseason. UConn basically gave another year by doing this. Coach P and Diaco are going to destroy their entire development that Edsall built up.

This is nutso but I think I see his thinking (not that its sound or logical at all...) Gronk & Cam Newton have shows on Nick. (In our household this piqued my child's interest in those guys and teams). Over the summer the channel seemed to be sports everything. I'm sure after a bender Diaco thought adding PooConn to the lineup of sports stuff would be a brilliant plan. Even if Nick decided to highlight college sports in any way shape or form... it wouldn't be them and it wouldn't be that conference.

Maybe their stupid civil war rivalry trophy would actually be appreciated at the Teen Choice Awards... instead of left on the UCF sidelines.

UCF beats UConn, leaves 'rivalry' trophy on the field

It's the "Civil Conflict" - show the man some respect for this ingenious idea and get the name right! :)

On a secondary note though, who forms a rivalry game and names it in an underwhelming way - I mean Civil War is the way most people would go if they did something like this. I think Diaco subconsciously knew what a dumb idea this was and that's why he couldn't bring himself to naming in the "Civil War".

It's the "Civil Conflict" - show the man some respect for this ingenious idea and get the name right! :)

On a secondary note though, who forms a rivalry game and names it in an underwhelming way - I mean Civil War is the way most people would go if they did something like this. I think Diaco subconsciously knew what a dumb idea this was and that's why he couldn't bring himself to naming in the "Civil War".
I believe they chose conflict because it has the initials of both Connecticut and Florida in it. ConFLiCT.
It was a stupid idea for sure. UConn if they were going to start a rivalry with a FL school should have chose the one the it had been playing for a decade in a row in USF and a new school it had never played.

This guy thinks that the Conflict trophy worked, because this situation is getting more coverage than "any other game, including the championship game".. He challenges the press to find a match-up, including the championship game, that has gotten more coverage than this the USF-Uconn game...

Umm...

This guy thinks that the Conflict trophy worked, because this situation is getting more coverage than "any other game, including the championship game".. He challenges the press to find a match-up, including the championship game, that has gotten more coverage than this the USF-Uconn game...

Umm...

58053333.jpg

Umm...
He's kind of right if you think about it. When was the last time the national press gave coverage to UConn Football? It's bad press, but it's still press and I'm sure more people will tune in next year to see if there's bad blood. I don't even know who played in the AAC championship last season opposite of Houston.

HAHA I love seeing an arrogant SOB like Diaco eat large, steaming helpings of humble pie over his made up Civil Conflict trophy.

The Nickelodeon thing is nothing short of bizarre and shows a complete lack of knowledge of how sports media works. He's certainly not required to know the media end of the business but he should be smart enough not to bring his wacky ideas into public view. The Civil Conflict should have taught him that lesson... it obviously didn't.

lololololol...

He's kind of right if you think about it. When was the last time the national press gave coverage to UConn Football? It's bad press, but it's still press and I'm sure more people will tune in next year to see if there's bad blood. I don't even know who played in the AAC championship last season opposite of Houston.
This is the exact type of thing that adds fuel to the Civil Conflict fire. I get it, they looked like idiots when UCF didn't take the trophy. But, like you said, when's the last time you even heard UCONN football discussed. Let alone this much.

The key is now, winning it next year and finding a way to make a funny out of it with the Trophy. I'd schedule a huge ceremony with a press conference.

FTM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom