Have to get Mike Gbinije going | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Have to get Mike Gbinije going

I am a huge supporter and advocate of Mike G. He has the skill set and physical attributes to be a phenomenal contributor on both ends. I realize that he has only shown breif moments of solid play and no real consistency to this point but don't give up on this kid, he can play. Although red-shirt sophomore Gbinije and red-shirt freshman Cooney have/had different roles on the team, I feel their amount of PT is/was the biggest obstacle for each of them. Mike is getting about 14 mpg compared to Cooney's 11 mpg last year. We've all seen what consistent PT has done for TC's game. Even though Mike G is getting a few more minutes than Cooney did last year, he's splitting time between PG and 2-guard and even a little bit at the 3. That's a lot to ask of any player that is getting limited minutes and being used so situationally. I truly believe that as his comfort level increases, his ability and versatility will prove that he is a hidden gem on this team. To be honest, his full contribution may not be completely realized until next season but I absolutely expect a steady, even if slow, progression. Eventually we'll see a Mike G that can shoot, drive and defend the ball as well as anyone else we have on the team.

His time will come in conference play. Gbinije is so versatile, his role will change according to the competition we face.

He won't light up the boards, but he'll get shi- done and I'm fine with that.

He looked solid from beyond the arc tonight at VT, as streaky as Cooney has been it would be nice for Gbinije to step up more from a scoring stand point

Coach Mike Hopkins ‏@Coach_Hopkins 32m
Great road win! Kids played tough. GBinije shot well for us tonight. If he can consistently do that, we become more potent

Yep, we've all been saying that for a while now. Hope this game gives him the boost of confidence he needed. Also liked the way that Roberson played tonight.

And BMK, where have you been hiding until now. What a game, especially in rebounding the ball.

Lastly, Ennis is still improving and not just his outside shot, but also learning more about his teammates and where and when to get them the ball.

With the continued growth of this team the best is yet to come.

LGO!!!!

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors