Have We Ever Beaten NC State At Home? | Syracusefan.com

Have We Ever Beaten NC State At Home?

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
I still have nightmares about Lou Holtz, the Buckey twins and Roland Hooks.

And of course about the Dee Brown about to cross the goal line fumble.

I think it's time to alter the karma.

And AJ Long, Ishmael, Custis, Murphy and the other young guys are the ones to do it.

only time we ever beat them was last year.. we are long overdue at home.

August 31, 1997. A day which will live in infamy. I've never felt more dead inside following an SU loss than that day. After destroying Wisconsin the week before, I truly believed we could make a run at a national title. And we scored on our first offensive play. I have PTSD from the memory of Coach P frantically trying to call a timeout.

August 31, 1997. A day which will live in infamy. I've never felt more dead inside following an SU loss than that day. After destroying Wisconsin the week before, I truly believed we could make a run at a national title. And we scored on our first offensive play. I have PTSD from the memory of Coach P frantically trying to call a timeout.
and just when the day couldnt get worse...Lady Di, died.
:eek: ;)

if i recall correctly, the Giants won that Sunday. i remember the drive from Cuse that morning to the Meadowlands being a little difficult and in 80 degree weather just muttering to myself...i skipped the beach house for this??? the Giants better Fn win...

damn, to be young.

Definitely in the top 5 of most depressing SU losses in my time as a fan. Wheels fell off the bus after that, losing at (not your dad's or today's) Oklahoma when they ran the same student body right over and over and over again for 10 yards a clip. Then @VT where I think we crossed the 50 yard line once.

Credit to the team and staff, they rebounded and didn't lose again until a really good Kansas State team. But that was one depressing 3 weeks. I think everyone (pundits included) thought we were a national title contender after that Wisconsin game.

The future starts now. (Of course "now" really starts on Saturday at 3 PM.)

Definitely in the top 5 of most depressing SU losses in my time as a fan. Wheels fell off the bus after that, losing at (not your dad's or today's) Oklahoma when they ran the same student body right over and over and over again for 10 yards a clip. Then @VT where I think we crossed the 50 yard line once.

Credit to the team and staff, they rebounded and didn't lose again until a really good Kansas State team. But that was one depressing 3 weeks. I think everyone (pundits included) thought we were a national title contender after that Wisconsin game.

And don't forget that we escaped a 4-game losing streak by the skin of our teeth. Tulane was driving to beat us when I believe Tebucky Jones took a 90 yard INT return to the house to end the game.