Have we run any variations when we were in PISTOL? | Syracusefan.com

Have we run any variations when we were in PISTOL?

Crusty

Living Legend
I am wondering what we are running when in PISTOL. Allen is probably familiar with the Diamond and if we run three WR sets I am guessing some will be out of the PISTOL. Wonder what we will see.

Reading the reports (which r great and really appreciated), it seems that we have a great deal of RB talent fighting to get on the field and not so much with WR. MACTWITTER seems to be figuring out ways to get these guys on the field in bunches.

While I root for Hunt, I get the feeling that Allen is the real deal. If he is already tied with TH after a week, he will probably pull away in the coming weeks.

If we have a good QB and a good plan we could surprise a lot of people.
Can't wait - Go Orange!

I think Mcdonald went to the the Atlanta Falcons camp to learn how they run and motion out of the
pistol (with 1 back at the side of the Quartback and 1 back behind the Quarterback).

I think Mcdonald went to the the Atlanta Falcons camp to learn how they run and motion out of the
pistol (with 1 back at the side of the Quartback and 1 back behind the Quarterback).
Interesting - is that with a blocking FB or two ball carriers?

i read all of the recaps from fanfest, and it seems that there is a pistol formation with Tyson and Rome beng in at the same time

Read option and pistol - sounds like Clemson's or the 49ers offense.
The downhill nature of the running game in the pistol seems well suited for Smith's style.

Read option and pistol - sounds like Clemson's or the 49ers offense.
The downhill nature of the running game in the pistol seems well suited for Smith's style.

I think AAM's style as well. I think he will see a lot of time spelling Jerome this season.

I think AAM's style as well. I think he will see a lot of time spelling Jerome this season.

I don't think so. GMII is a better player at this stage

My guess, he's headed for a redshirt.

I can see it, especially if they feel Smith will leave after the season. Will be interesting if it plays out that way, that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom