HBO honors late SU alumnus, pioneer sportscaster Marty Glickman at documentary premiere | Syracusefan.com

HBO honors late SU alumnus, pioneer sportscaster Marty Glickman at documentary premiere

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
A108252013_P_MoviePremeire_LukeRafferty_VE497.jpg

(From left) Marv Albert, James L. Freedman and Bob Costas discuss Marty Glickman's life and influence on sports media.

http://dailyorange.com/2013/08/call...pioneer-sportscaster-at-documentary-premiere/

I was honored to have been invited to the screening in NYC this past Saturday evening. It is a wonderful film and well worth watching/DVR'ing. There are some funny moments, including a great line from Frank Costanza, aka, Jerry Stiller.

I'm watching this right now on HBO, it's fantastic. Lots of great footage and interviews. Nice for SU! Also Syracuse University was the correct response on Jeopardy this evening appropriately in an "Orange" category clue about Otto :) I watch too much TV.

Great show and everyone should watch it, SU fan or not. A great man the University should be proud of.

Who knew Marty used to work with Johnny Most?

It was a truly amazing documentary. My first exposure to Marty Glickman was when he was broadcasting the Giant football games in the early 60's. His ability to paint a picture in your head was unrivaled. It was as if you were at the game.

As a Syracuse fan/alum, he is a shining beacon to make us all proud. I loved it when Jim Brown said before all the famous SU running backs that most fans remember, - "there was Marty". The actual game footage of him playing for SU was incredible.

Check it out. It airs next on this coming Wed. at 8pm. Set your DVR's!

Great show and everyone should watch it, SU fan or not. A great man the University should be proud of.

Who knew Marty used to work with Johnny Most?
It was definitely a great show and one thing that really stood out, besides the Olympic snub, was that Glickman was a true pioneer who not only worked with all the classics but took them under his wing and taught and helped most of them. A really nice guy who helped younger broadcasters and also gave back to the youth of NYC.

It was a truly amazing documentary. My first exposure to Marty Glickman was when he was broadcasting the Giant football games in the early 60's. His ability to paint a picture in your head was unrivaled. It was as if you were at the game.

As a Syracuse fan/alum, he is a shining beacon to make us all proud. I loved it when Jim Brown said before all the famous SU running backs that most fans remember, - "there was Marty". The actual game footage of him playing for SU was incredible.

Check it out. It airs next on this coming Wed. at 8pm. Set your DVR's!
Don't have HBO