HC Jeff Quinn out at Buffalo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HC Jeff Quinn out at Buffalo

I am hearing Harbaugh, Jim and John are fighting for the job. Keep it here.

This sounds like a coach not getting along with his boss. UB should rehire Turner Gill

Jeff Quinn went to Elmhurst and played OL there. Might be a nice, symmetrical addition to our staff after this year. I think Joe Adam stays; Omari Palmer may have saved his job. But if/when McDonald leaves to be a WR coach at a "more prestigious" school, Quinn might slide in nicely with Acosta adding WR's to the TE's under his umbrella. Can Quinn coach special teams full time??? That'd be nice.

Unless there is something more going on, For Buffalo to fire a coach that is 3-4 is ridiculous.

Two of the wins are over FCS teams and the other is over Miami University, which was on a 20-game losing streak at the time. That's Quinn's history in a nutshell: beat terrible teams and lose to any team with a pulse.

Spoke to a friend who is a huge Buffalo booster (yes, I'm shocked they exist). Came out of nowhere for the program. Assumes AD has person he wants lined up, but he was shocked.

Fun Fact, Turner Gill was 20-30 at UB and 5-7 in his last season there. Jeff Quinn was 17-32 and trending upward every season prior to this one, finishing with an 8-5 record last year (The Bulls BEST SEASON EVER as part of DI-A or FBS, whichever you like better).

Good move by the administration, strike while the iron's hot. This will definitely maximize interest in them throughout the coaching pool.

Jeff Quinn went to Elmhurst and played OL there. Might be a nice, symmetrical addition to our staff after this year. I think Joe Adam stays; Omari Palmer may have saved his job. But if/when McDonald leaves to be a WR coach at a "more prestigious" school, Quinn might slide in nicely with Acosta adding WR's to the TE's under his umbrella. Can Quinn coach special teams full time??? That'd be nice.
I still think Shafer would be more comfortable with Cubit as the replacement OC. It would be good for Lester too as he played under Cubit and is presumably tight with him (he has talked about how they were in synch when he was playing QB under him).

Cubit is 61 and probably only wants to coach a few more years. Have Lester learn under his top mentor for a while, maybe make Lester a co-offensive coordinator if need be and then toss him the keys to be the OC when Bill retires.

Quinn would be a nice fallback plan. He has great qualifications and I for one was a big fan of his/Kelly offense when they were at Cincy.

I am guessing Brian Kelly will want him back with him at ND as their new OC though. They have a new guy with only part of a year of experience as Kelly's OC right now. Even if they only offered him a job as OL coach, they still could probably offer more than we could pay him as a full blown OC.

I still think Shafer would be more comfortable with Cubit as the replacement OC.

Lord: "Noah, I want you to build an Ark."

Noah: "Riiight. Whats an Ark?"

Lord: "Go out into the woods and collect all the animals, two by two. Get some wood. Build it 300 cubits, by 80 cubit, by 40 cubits."

Noah: "Riiight. Whats a cubit?"

Lord: "Lets see a cubit...I used to know what a cubit was...well don't worry about that, Noah."

I am guessing Brian Kelly will want him back with him at ND as their new OC though. They have a new guy with only part of a year of experience as Kelly's OC right now. Even if they only offered him a job as OL coach, they still could probably offer more than we could pay him as a full blown OC.

If this is true, Syracuse University should quit its football team. Plain and simple.

Spending money on a hoops coach makes sense because a solid program can make money and get in the tournament. The same can't be said for football at that level and I think it's going to be a tougher sell to get OC/DC from P5 schools to take the leap on some of these jobs. Look at Diaco for example, if he doesn't do something at UConn in the next 2 years, is he going to get a look from anyone, as opposed to if he had stayed at ND?

Good call. But he has states repeatedly he wants to be legitimate big time athletics with football being the premier program. They got to go young and up and coming, somebody who can identify with kids.