HCFB on ESPN College Gameday podcast | Syracusefan.com

HCFB on ESPN College Gameday podcast

IMG_9999.jpeg

Just listened to this after seeing it linked in the daily articles. Love that Fran is so authentic. Rece and Thamel asked good questions which led to some nice nuggets about recruiting, NIL donors, alumni support, future attrition, Spring game hitting, and Gameday coming to the ‘Cuse.

What is it? I listened while working and must have missed it?

Basically if you go to play for Cuse and graduate from Cuse, Fran Brown wants to guarantee the kids that they will get a job within their field of study within 60 days of graduating.

Said he will use the alumni base to guarantee that this happens. And that he wants to use as many alumni as possible across the nation

This is the stuff that wins recruiting battles

Fran is going to make a difference in this world beyond football. He is special
If the 1-year hired guns that we seem destined to buy in the hoops portal would get out in the community like Fran’s guys, it would go a ways to helping fans rally around their short stints here.

Basically if you go to play for Cuse and graduate from Cuse, Fran Brown wants to guarantee the kids that they will get a job within their field of study within 60 days of graduating.

Said he will use the alumni base to guarantee that this happens. And that he wants to use as many alumni as possible across the nation

This is the stuff that wins recruiting battles
He did a zoom with donors recently and he made this part of his pitch. He wants money too but if you can't give more money, help our guys get jobs. It's an important part of the transition from losing your dream of going to the NFL to transitioning to the real world. He speaks up the SU network quite a bit.

Also loved in this interview that he emphasized the community needing/deserving a winner. He emphasized being involved. He doesn't want to let folks down.

its so worth the time. love him needling Pete too (who's a great guy). The fact that Pete knew about FB's desires to be a head coach before and specifically his desire to coach at SU was interesting.
He was shaking down Pete for a donation. It was too funny. Fran showed a bit more humor. I think that goes to his relationship with Thamel and respect he has for Rece Davis.

and one last piece from it at the end -- he mentioned the importance of hiring right people for every position on staff, not just the top ten ones. And that he can't be the one settling issues, people need to get along. On top of that, threw a random, "don't mess with the women in the building unless you're putting a ring on her finger the next day." He's a no drama, no nonsense type of guy.

Seemed interesting in light of our recent friend going back to PSU. May be nothing but I picked up on it.

and one last piece from it at the end -- he mentioned the importance of hiring right people for every position on staff, not just the top ten ones. And that he can't be the one settling issues, people need to get along. On top of that, threw a random, "don't mess with the women in the building unless you're putting a ring on her finger the next day." He's a no drama, no nonsense type of guy.

Seemed interesting in light of our recent friend going back to PSU. May be nothing but I picked up on it.

I also wondered if this was a little peek into the Khalil situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom