HCFB on ESPN College Gameday podcast | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

HCFB on ESPN College Gameday podcast

One question that I have based upon a topic in the podcast to the posters in the know is, how much larger is the B1G/SEC recruiting budgets than ours is and what is done with that extra money to get players?

I thought this was a great interview by Fran. You can tell he is really settling into the role. He seems much more laid back during this interview, and I can tell why recruits and their parents can really connect with him.

Sorry if already posted

Really good session. I liked every thing everybody said. Fran knows how to run things. He is a good leader.

Lots to chew on from that interview. One think that struck me how he talks about how you treat others. It’s hard to treat coaches respectfully if you don’t give them your trust.

So I don’t think it’s unusual to express your trust treating them as adults and of course allow them to talk to reporters.

Which made me think about how coaches under Dino may half felt knowing their boss didn’t allow them to talk to reporters.

Some may have appreciated not having to talk to them, while others may have felt belittled.
I really noticed Fran's remarks on hiring asst coaches who fit well together. He is a leader

One question that I have based upon a topic in the podcast to the posters in the know is, how much larger is the B1G/SEC recruiting budgets than ours is and what is done with that extra money to get players?
A lot of people just throw money at things. Like a Dad that just tosses a kid $20 is not as good a Dad as one who show a kid how to spend it.

Quick cool thing about Fran- he has been visiting local businesses like crazy. For those that have purchased tickets or donated, he stops by to say thanks and meet everyone. If he stops by a business that doesn’t donate or have tickets, he has asked politely, what can I do to earn your support and what can we do together to be one? This guy is out and about constantly. I have a friend who has never had season tickets ever. He walked into his business, talked to him for 15 minutes and then he bought $15,000 worth of season tickets because “he was that damn impressive”. We are super lucky to have Fran in the community the way he is. Love it
I love hearing this, this is great news for our NIL. Sounds to me like Fran is going to be out there talking to business owners telling them how much value there is to the community in getting the football team back to its peak, and explaining how NIL isn't a donation it's an investment.

Put 50,000 butts in seats 6-7 times a year, and that's a lot of foot traffic in the community. It's hotel stays for out of towners coming to games. It's restaurant visits all over town. Fran is sharp, so he's going to see all the angles here - he's going to put restaurants and hotels off the hill together with rental car businesses or car services, get them talking about setting up packages, and then get them in on NIL. There is so much potential with NIL and experiences for fans, and it's a virtuous cycle - the more of it there is, the more winning, and the more winning, the more of it there is. You just have to get the initial financial buy-in to start the cycle, and Fran seems to be doing it.

I love hearing this, this is great news for our NIL. Sounds to me like Fran is going to be out there talking to business owners telling them how much value there is to the community in getting the football team back to its peak, and explaining how NIL isn't a donation it's an investment.

Put 50,000 butts in seats 6-7 times a year, and that's a lot of foot traffic in the community. It's hotel stays for out of towners coming to games. It's restaurant visits all over town. Fran is sharp, so he's going to see all the angles here - he's going to put restaurants and hotels off the hill together with rental car businesses or car services, get them talking about setting up packages, and then get them in on NIL. There is so much potential with NIL and experiences for fans, and it's a virtuous cycle - the more of it there is, the more winning, and the more winning, the more of it there is. You just have to get the initial financial buy-in to start the cycle, and Fran seems to be doing it.
He's special

I was wondering if any of the moderators could answer a question I have ,Fran Brown was hired on 11/28/23 My question is how many total members did we have on 11/27/23 and what is the total amount of members today? I understand that all the new members are not specifically there just because of the hiring for Fran Brown, but I’m sure the members surged after his hiring. Thank you.

I was wondering if any of the moderators could answer a question I have ,Fran Brown was hired on 11/28/23 My question is how many total members did we have on 11/27/23 and what is the total amount of members today? I understand that all the new members are not specifically there just because of the hiring for Fran Brown, but I’m sure the members surged after his hiring. Thank you.
I'll piggyback this.

How's the activity during this time since HCFB has been hired compared to other offseasons.

I'll hang up and listen, thanks.

Without going through each 5900+ members' profiles individually, I can't answer that.

sutomcat - is there any way you can find this out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom