Headmaster9, Ragman, Obie9 and I just had the three most amazing days in Indy | Syracusefan.com

Headmaster9, Ragman, Obie9 and I just had the three most amazing days in Indy

cto

Administrator
Questionable 11th seed and underdogs in two games. — and now we’re going to come back to Indy for the Sweet 16!

Hinkle Field House (against SDSU) , and then the Pacers’ arena (against West Virginia). Both barely 20 percent full — but the cries of “Let’s Go Orange” filled both of them. Everyone knew we were there.

I’ve been attending NCAA tourney games since 1987, but this was unbelievably different from any others.

Don’t know how it looked or sounded on TV, but it was kind of special in person. My bracket is in shreds, but I don’t care.

Last edited:
Questionable 11th seed and underdogs in two games. — and now we’re going to come back to Indy for them Sweet 16!

Hinkle Field House, and then the Pacers’ arena. Both barely 20 percent full — but the cries of “Let’s Go Orange” filled both of them. Everyone knew we were there.

I’ve been attending NCAA tourney games since 1987, but this was unbelievably different from any others.

Don’t know how it looked or sounded on TV, but it was kind of special in person. My bracket is in shreds, but I don’t care.
Sounds amazing !!!

Questionable 11th seed and underdogs in two games. — and now we’re going to come back to Indy for them Sweet 16!

Hinkle Field House, and then the Pacers’ arena. Both barely 20 percent full — but the cries of “Let’s Go Orange” filled both of them. Everyone knew we were there.

Looked and sounded amazing! Glad you all had fun...not sure if I could handle being there live! Hard enough dealing with the stress from my couch lol

It was an awesome weekend. Definitely a much different experience than a typical year, but it makes it even more special. It was a privilege to see the team in person for the first time in over a year. Sweet 16 he we go!

Did you get a ticket for CuseRunner or did he refuse to leave Applebees because of the cheap beer?

Whatever it was I'm sure you got you money's worth X 1000.
I was joking that I only want to attend basketball games in pandemics now. No people behind or in front of you kicking your seat or spilling beer on you, you can stand when you want without fear of being annoying, easy parking with no lines when leaving the stadium, no waits in the bathroom, and the players connect with you because they can actually hear and respond to you. It's amazing.

Love these updates CTO! LGO!!!!!

I was joking that I only want to attend basketball games in pandemics now. No people behind or in front of you kicking your seat or spilling beer on you, you can stand when you want without fear of being annoying, easy parking with no lines when leaving the stadium, no waits in the bathroom, and the players connect with you because they can actually hear and respond to you. It's amazing.
I remember reading why Willie Nelson bought his own golf course and it was because he didn't want to deal with anyone and that sounds similar. Glad you got to experience it.

I have to say that I kind of like the idea of having all the games in one general location, though, a la the Olympics.

CTO how did the ticket procurement work? Are they just distributing to students and the big time boosters? genuinely curious with the capacity issues.

It was a lively group. Nice job

Another thing I will add is that the San Diego State fans put the West Virginia fans to shame. The SDSU fans were loud and cheering hard even when they were getting killed, I literally only heard the West Virginia fans in that 5 minutes span where it was tied and they took the lead (other than the obnoxious fans sitting behind us).

I have to say that I kind of like the idea of having all the games in one general location, though, a la the Olympics.
That's an interesting thought that I'm sure has pros and cons on either side. I wonder how many major cities in America would be able to make like 8 different basketball arenas in close proximity available for use at the same time. Indy seems potentially unique in that regard.

Another thing I will add is that the San Diego State fans put the West Virginia fans to shame. The SDSU fans were loud and cheering hard even when they were getting killed, I literally only heard the West Virginia fans in that 5 minutes span where it was tied and they took the lead (other than the obnoxious fans sitting behind us).
Did you see that SDSU female fan who we could hear screaming throughout the game on the tv? Wow she was screeching loud about every call.

That's an interesting thought that I'm sure has pros and cons on either side. I wonder how many major cities in America would be able to make like 8 different basketball arenas in close proximity available for use at the same time. Indy seems potentially unique in that regard.

Boston could do 7 pretty decent ones: Matthews Arena, Conte, Agannis, TD North Garden, Worcester Centrum, Hart Center at HC, Mullens Center (depends what "close" is).

CTO how did the ticket procurement work? Are they just distributing to students and the big time boosters? genuinely curious with the capacity issues.

It was a lively group. Nice job

I got the donor email for this weekend but I am a small fry. Was thinking about trying to get tix but not sure if putting your name in obligates for both games even if SU loses or if they open up ticket sales per round because of COVID.

Any help would be appreciated. May be all for naught if enough Cuse fans are trying to go as I'll get squeezed.

Tickets were one game at a time. I knew most of people in SU section. They were either season ticket holders or people with connections to the program such as the Belbey brothers or former players.

Last edited:
Sounds like gerg era football

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom