Hear Gov. Andrew Cuomo's answer about future prospects of a new sports arena in Syracuse (video) | Syracusefan.com

Hear Gov. Andrew Cuomo's answer about future prospects of a new sports arena in Syracuse (video)

So the Syracuse mayor got in the way of $200 million from the state for a new half a billion dollar stadium and instead $100 million goes to Solvay?

Great job Mayor.

So the Syracuse mayor got in the way of $200 million from the state for a new half a billion dollar stadium and instead $100 million goes to Solvay?

Great job Mayor.
:bang:

All because her phone would ring with questions from city residents as the stated in an interview and she might have to answer them. She is a clown.

Way to finance the new dome:

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2013/08/metrodome_roof_converted_into_bags_images.php

domeBags.jpg

Great job Mayor.

$30M in state money is going to this new project.

$70M is from the County, and those bonds will be paid back by the Turning Stone settlement revenues.

That's the big part of this story, how much can the county take on now if the stadium moves forward.

COR and their business cronies are giving Cuomo hundreds of thousands in campaign money and the people of this area will get the shaft. This a kickback and bribery proposal with a sweetheart deal.

With all the issues that Upstate has had regarding with their upper management people on getting kick backs from medbest and having a $500 million plus stadium on land that is held by Upstate one has to wonder what was in it for them to give up valuable land for future expansions.

This thing was corrupt from the beginning and the Mayor sniffed this one out. The only thing left to do is to try to embarrass her as much as they could in public. Take off the stadium glasses here and for the ones who live out of state, you have no skin in this game.

These public/private ventures are all bullstuff.

COR and their business cronies are giving Cuomo hundreds of thousands in campaign money and the people of this area will get the shaft. This a kickback and bribery proposal with a sweetheart deal.

With all the issues that Upstate has had regarding with their upper management people on getting kick backs from medbest and having a $500 million plus stadium on land that is held by Upstate one has to wonder what was in it for them to give up valuable land for future expansions.

This thing was corrupt from the beginning and the Mayor sniffed this one out. The only thing left to do is to try to embarrass her as much as they could in public. Take off the stadium glasses here and for the ones who live out of state, you have no skin in this game.

That's how sausage is made everywhere. Why can't you just be happy that it's dead ?

[quotro44, post: 915189, member: 587"]COR and their business cronies are giving Cuomo hundreds of thousands in campaign money and the people of this area will get the shaft. This a kickback and bribery proposal with a sweetheart deal.s

These public/private ventures are all bullstuff.[/quote]
She couldn't sniff out crap if she filled the bowl. She's a dope and a bad Mayor.

That's how sausage is made everywhere. Why can't you just be happy that it's dead ?
I am happy...it was a sham from the beginning.
The difference between you and me was that I know what the ingredients were that was to go into the sausage mix was.

I'm not the one here like so many others HAVE BEEN CALLING HER NAMES BECAUSE IT IS NOT ON THE BOOKS "RIGHT NOW"

No they are not. PPP's are ways to get large infrastructure projets done in an age of more limited resources. It's a way to share risk, instill the incentives inherent in a private enterprise. From that perspective, of course it's about dollars, doesn't mean it's corrupt.

Is it perfect, no, but they are vehicles to get things done that otherwise might not ever happen.

If private investors are going to invest they need to be able to be confident that they will get a solid return on their investment. What's corrupt about that? The way developer investors gets at least part of the return is being guaranteed to be the developer on the project and the profit derived from that. That's not a sweet heart deal.

The structure talked about is NOT a public works project.

Because of the financing structure of this deal cost control is very important and there are greater incentives for those, unlike a government project. This is not a jobs program. If local people want to work it, they should be competitive. Since there is government investment involved it has to be run in compliance with state and local laws (use of illegals for example) but that doesn't mean that jobs should be set aside and guaranteed for local workers just because.

I don't care who the sponsors and investors are as long as they are qualified. From what I know about COR they don't have the chops to be the lead on this. If they want in and bring enough equity to the deal and in return get to do some of the surrounding build out, which is in their wheelhouse, that's fine. This is not the kind of thing they should do as a stretch assignment.

The right way to do this deal is have the state bring the $200M grant, have the county bring $100M from bonds, which is a manageable number, and $100M from the owner operator and $100M from the developer. The owner operator investor should be AEG.

Last edited:
Get the money first. Ask the tough questions later.
I understand there may be important details that need to be discussed.
But anything the Mayor needed to define could have been discussed once the project was on the table. She is an impediment to results.

Did any body ever hear of a trial baloon. There never was a deal. We act like South Sea Islanders gazing at the sky.U

I don't care if it is corrupt I want our area to get its cut of the money from the State. The money will be spent whether we like it or not. It should be here and not in some other area

Did any body ever hear of a trial baloon. There never was a deal. We act like South Sea Islanders gazing at the sky.U

If it was a trial balloon, then throw up a trial balloon response. "This sounds like a fantastic project. We are looking forward to working with the developers, the Governor and County Exec Mahoney to work out the details."

If it was a trial balloon, then throw up a trial balloon response. "This sounds like a fantastic project. We are looking forward to working with the developers, the Governor and County Exec Mahoney to work out the details."

Bang

Is this going to happen in the near future or at all? That's my only question. IMO, the retractable roof is a waste.

Is this going to happen in the near future or at all? That's my only question. IMO, the retractable roof is a waste.

In any project you shoot for the moon, and then scale back. No harm in having a wish list

No. It will not happen in the near future.

No. It will not happen in the near future.

Yes it will. SU's expressed interest makes this project legitimate. My guess is we will see continued attention to making this develop over the next couple of years, and within 2 - 3 years we get the announcement that it's in the works.

Yes it will. SU's expressed interest makes this project legitimate. My guess is we will see continued attention to making this develop over the next couple of years, and within 2 - 3 years we get the announcement that it's in the works.
SU was ready to roll in 2007

:( then the economy bottomed out. You have to strike while the fires hot because if you don't it can get mightly cold quick

As we have seen with other projects here too.

Yeah... announcement in 3 years is not "near future" to me but it's all just how we define "near future".