Here's something that really bugs me | Syracusefan.com

Here's something that really bugs me

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
When the announcer says that JB is only X number of games from tying Bob Knight.

No, he's 2 games away from 1000 actually. I don't understand why ESPN can't acknowledge reality despite what the stupid NCAA says.

I don't care what anyone says, the loss of wins hurts most to this fan.

I agree. At a minimum give both figures. How can they simply state the lower figure as though the other 100+ wins never occurred. It's like they bought in hook, line and sinker to this NCAA fantasy world where games that were played suddenly don't exist.

I understand how the University can be required to tow the line on this issue, but supposedly independent media outlets??? It just seems like a misrepresentation to say JB will pass Bob Knight with 4 more wins without saying more. FU he already passed Bob Knight.

It eats at me too. We need our AD to get on the horn with his 'ol colleagues over there and set them straight. Va fangul! ;)

I agree. At a minimum give both figures. How can they simply state the lower figure as though the other 100+ wins never occurred. It's like they bought in hook, line and sinker to this NCAA fantasy world where games that were played suddenly don't exist.

I understand how the University can be required to tow the line on this issue, but supposedly independent media outlets??? It just seems like a misrepresentation to say JB will pass Bob Knight with 4 more wins without saying more. FU he already passed Bob Knight.

McDunnough and Bilas were good about doing this. Noting both totals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom