Hey Eastern Michigan... | Syracusefan.com

Hey Eastern Michigan...

I'm not quite sure I know what that means but much respect to Rob Murphy he was a great guy to have on our bench. Wish him the best loss possible tomorrow if there's such a thing.

Edit: Oh it's a meme. In that case...

Hey Eastern Michigan,

Your logo actually looks like a constipated hawk instead of an eagle.

You should feel bad.

Last edited:
Hey EMU,

emu.jpg

You should feel bad.

We better come to play tomorrow - EMU is a solid club with all their losses coming to good teams. Rob Murphy is highly familiar with our zone, and the 3 pm weekday start is unusual. I want this to be a game where Patterson, BJ, Roberson, etc. get tons of PT. No scary 8-10 point early deficits - just a nice healthy ass-whooping.

(Sorry, I know this post wasn't witty)

We better come to play tomorrow - EMU is a solid club with all their losses coming to good teams. Rob Murphy is highly familiar with our zone, and the 3 pm weekday start is unusual. I want this to be a game where Patterson, BJ, Roberson, etc. get tons of PT. No scary 8-10 point early deficits - just a nice healthy ass-whooping.

You should feel bad.

Actually, you are quite correct. Plus, after the VU game, we may have a letdown, or feel we can turn it on at will. The weird game time and date may make it difficult to get motivated. The Emus will be sky-high and thinking they can catch us. Lots of pitfalls here potentially.

I'm going to follow up on the non-witty flavor, just in case a visiting team's fan (or a home team's fan, once we get to January) ever visits this board and sees the one thread dedicated to them. I wouldn't want them to get an impression of us. Note, I left out the word "wrong".

Excellent call eao. Hey EMU, you face 4 top 25 teams in your first 12 games, 3 of them being in the top 10!!! That's one out of every 4. What's wrong with you, have you not learned from us that that is not the path to success and improvement?

Trivia question to non-EMUs(this may require SWC)... when was the last time Syracuse matched that feat? In 12 games EMU faced as many ranked teams and more top 10 teams than we are likely to face all season(including "the best conference" ever[per Jay Bilas] games), and for the love of jambalaya they faced ALL 3 top 10's on the road(not the neutral courts some of us get absolutely giddy over in our replies to pundits who are actually speaking the truth...). EMU, has your coach learned nothing from SU, who won't play a true away game until nearly the second week of January? I'm all for different strategies, but I dont always blindly assume ours is the best.

I love the 'Cuse but I have a hard time mocking a team that any neutral observer would be likely to conclude has more guts than us when it comes to scheduling. My dad always impressed upon me that the way to get better was to challenge people better than you, and I assume that must hold true to an extent in team sports as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom