Hey look, we're Gary Parrish's lock of the day! | Syracusefan.com

Hey look, we're Gary Parrish's lock of the day!

pearl31

in cahoots
LOCK OF THE DAY: Let's keep this simple. Dayton was safely in the Field of 68. Syracuse was, in lots of people's opinions, lucky to get in. And the Flyers are only laying 1.5 points against the Orange in a game nearly in driving distance for Dayton fans. So let's take Archie Miller in the game that'll tip at 12:15 p.m. ET on CBS and #GetPaper.

linkage

Wait, I totally had to change my planned post. Shouldnt the title read DAYTON is the lock of the day? (or we're the sure losers of the day?) I was already trying to find unbiased advice about a money line wager. I am happy to see the line has moved to 1.5, though i just checked and its still hanging on at +1 +105 at my book. Public must be betting HEAVY on Dayton if it's already moved 2 points and about to be 2.5.

Im starting to think the handicappers were hoping to catch some folks who bet on names (in this case Syracuse) early by having us as 1 point favorites. Im not sure though, it's hard to know sometimes. Maybe Vegas thinks Cuse will win and set the mythical trap bet for those wagering on Dayton? Where are our experts like 690 west and whatever other highways are on here?

Like Ozzy sang, I want to know! I want know what you meant!!!! (followed by an epic Randy Rhoads solo! "Youre lifestyle to me seemed so tragic")

Last edited:
Someone better tell the players -- they should just catch a flight back to Syracuse and not waste Dayton's time.

Wait, I totally had to change my planned post. Shouldnt the title read DAYTON is the lock of the day? (or we're the sure losers of the day?) I was already trying to find unbiased advice about a money line wager. I am happy to see the line has moved to 1.5, though i just checked and its still hanging on at +1 +105 at my book. Public must be betting HEAVY on Dayton if it's already moved 2 points and about to be 2.5.

Im starting to think the handicappers were hoping to catch some folks who bet on names (in this case Syracuse) early by having us as 1 point favorites. Im not sure though, it's hard to know sometimes. Maybe Vegas thinks Cuse will win and set the mythical trap bet for those wagering on Dayton? Where are our experts like 690 west and whatever other highways are on here?

Like Ozzy sang, I want to know! I want know what you meant!!!! (followed by an epic Randy Rhoads solo! "Youre lifestyle to me seemed so tragic")
I noticed that too -- it makes me nervous. We opened -1 and are now at +2.5; that's huge movement. It's possible you're right about the name recognition, but I'm guessing way more money came in on Dayton than expected so they're trying to balance it out a little more by giving us 2 and a half points.

If Vegas thought Cuse would win they wouldn't have moved the line so much. With a +2.5 line from an open of -1 means they want more people on 'Cuse and less on Dayton.

I don't disagree with Parrish here.

Dayton is a team who has won four Tourney games over the last two seasons. They returned four starters from last year. Experienced, talented, well-coached. Chip-shoulder type of program. Good, hard-nosed defense.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we're playing Sunday.

Wait, I totally had to change my planned post. Shouldnt the title read DAYTON is the lock of the day? (or we're the sure losers of the day?)
Yeah usually "we're a lock" implies we've been chosen to win the game.

Dayton is a team who has won four Tourney games over the last two seasons. They returned four starters from last year. Experienced, talented, well-coached. Chip-shoulder type of program. Good, hard-nosed defense.

You lost me at "hard-nosed". Sorry, it's me not you. I just can't seem to look at the word "hard-nosed" the same after our last football experiment.

orangenirvana said:

Booooooooo! Hissssssss!

download.jpg

I hate these games. Gimme a middling P5 school (looking at the Cals, ASUs, etc we seem to run through) verses these mid-major places full of guys that all seem to be 24 years old, tough as nails and a tad short teams.
I laughed out loud at this.. For real, these teams all seem to be full of grown a$$ men, the kind who play ball at the park and school all the youngins while talkin trash about back in the day.

These teams are full of ticked off players who were told they were too short, too slow, lacked athleticism, lacked potential , lacked measurables , only succeeded because they played against poor competition etc. to play for big time programs. These kids have waited forever for the chance to prove people wrong and show these big time coaches and programs that they made a huge mistake. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but these teams/players sure don't lack for incentive.

I faded(is that the word?) his call and put $20 on the Cuse at halftime (getting a meaningless half a point). Anyone else?

I wonder how often these free locks win?

Tribute is one of the best live albums ever.

I faded(is that the word?) his call and put $20 on the Cuse at halftime (getting a meaningless half a point). Anyone else?

I wonder how often these free locks win?

smooth-jimmy-apollo2.jpg