Hokies | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hokies

I'm pretty sure that Michigan, MSU, OSU, etc... would like to play Penn State more than once every decade.

And Tennessee, Florida, UGA would like to see South Carolina more than once a decade.

We would pretty much be going back to the 80s which was when the leagues were better IMO. Everyone played a round robin schedule. IMO 9 or 10 team conferences are the ideal number for the sport. For $ we have seen that the ideal number is >14 and who knows where it stops.

As a fan I wish the B1G, SEC, and P12 would all join together to form one joint conference TV network. All three are pretty equal in value so why not just consolidate? Wouldn't a network stretching across the entire country make more than three regional networks? The three conferences can sit down and decide who to invite to the table and then you can split into six 10 team conferences. Those six Tier 1 contracts could be sold separately to CBS, NBC, FOX, and ABC/ESPN. Isn't this best for all involved?

B10- tOSU, Mich, Mich St, Wiscy, Iowa, Minny, Illinois, UP, NW, Indiana
P10- USC, UCLA, Wash, WSU, Oregon, Oregon St, ASU, Zona, Stanford, Cal
SEC- Bama, LSU, Fla, Tenn, UGA, Auburn, Miss, Miss St, UK, Vandy
Atlantic- FSU, Miami, Clemson, GA Tech, VT, UVA, UNC, South Carolina, NC St, Duke
Southwest- Texas, OU, Nebraska, Arkansas, A&M, Okie St, Mizzou, Utah, Colorado, KU
Northeast- ND, PSU, WV, Louisville, Pitt, MD, SU, BC, RU, UConn

Leftout- K St, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, ISU, Wake

Wouldn't this be best for the fans, the TV $, the sport of FB, and the sport of BBall? FB playoffs can be the 6 conf winners plus 2 at larges. The leftouts and the G5 would technically have a shot at the playoff but would rarely if ever get an at large bid. We would see a round robin schedule in both FB and BBall. Isn't that what conferences are supposed to do?

If Swofford can't hold on to North Carolina that is an epic fail.
THis outcome would have to be forced, much like how ND would have to be forced to act.
UNC will not walk away if other viable options are available via the ACC. No way.***

*** Famous last words...

All I see is panic in this thread - come on people - it is what it will be.

Everyone's clear-cut favorite expansionist, Greg Swaim, tweeted tonight that the SEC would like to expand with Tech and UNC. He later added that Big Ten will also offer UNC and that the odds of UNC leaving the ACC are increasing.

I was going to like this. I don't like it but I agree with your thinking. Expansion in the coming months is going to make our heads spin. I want to crawl under a blanket and be back in the old Big East.

If anything, these conferences need to work on their names. It's a new world, folks.

Don't be so stingy in your likes.

The worst part of all of this is that bball is such a 2nd level citizen. The bball in the ACC would be absolutely incredible; it's a shame this could be all ending (bad once SU left BE, now the ACC in turmoil).

Bring me some Duke, UNC and NC St every year, then I'm good. Add GTown and SJU to the "out of town home games" and I am more than happy.

Rumor being floated around is VTech and NCState to SEC. Both are in states that SEC wants to add. Big10 then waits on ND and gets them + UNC at some point down the line.

Big12 can then come in for FSU and Clemson.
Rumors are like law suits - you don't need any basis in fact to start one.

If Swofford can't hold on to North Carolina that is an epic fail.

He'll be the one that makes sure they get a spot in the Big 10. I don't trust the guy in any way shape or form...SU HAS to do what is best for SU.

Everyone's clear-cut favorite expansionist, Greg Swaim, tweeted tonight that the SEC would like to expand with Tech and UNC. He later added that Big Ten will also offer UNC and that the odds of UNC leaving the ACC are increasing.

Yeah, increasing from .0001% to .000125% :)

Unc and b1g picking up steam it sounds like

He'll be the one that makes sure they get a spot in the Big 10. I don't trust the guy in any way shape or form...SU HAS to do what is best for SU.

At the end of the day I agree, but that's going to be one hell of a blow to his ego and college athletics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom