Holy cow - what an ending to the Duke-Mia game | Syracusefan.com

Holy cow - what an ending to the Duke-Mia game

Deano

All American
It was Stanford and Cal all over again!

They will be showing this one over and over again, what an ending.

Last edited:
How are they allowed to pick up the block in the back flag on the review?

Crazy ending, Canes get called for PI 3 times on the final drive. Duke scores with 6 seconds left (although it looked like the Duke QB never crossed the goaline). Miami gets the squib kick, 8 laterals and scores the winning TD on the runback...BUT, Miami's player knee was down, Canes had a bench player run on the field at the end of the play with no helmet on before the Miami player scored.

Went to Replay for 10 min, Ref's STILL gave the Canes the TD. Duke got screwed!!!

Last edited:
So many issues with that play... Including the fact they announced a flag really late, then picked it up, kids knee was down in the video, the helmet thing...

Duke got jobbed, but it's this generations version of the band is on the field.

9 minute review and they picked up a flag, didn't notice helmet-less dude running onto the field and a knee down?

Am I missing something?

What a cluster F. Wow. That whole ending was absurd. Weird that Miami is involved in something shady as all hell.

What a cluster F. Wow. That whole ending was absurd. Weird that Miami is involved in something shady as all hell.
Maybe this guy was also involved
upload_2015-10-31_22-16-19.jpeg

Nevin Shapiro

Good screw Duke. Completely unacceptable they have a competitive football team while we have whatever you want to call our team.

Cutcliffe with a great presser. Said everything before the first question. Called out the refs then said call the Acc of you have anymore questions. Kid was down. Block in the back plus players on the field. How in a 9minute review does any of that not get called. These Acc refs are awful. Acc needs to figure this out.

Duke got screwed. Somehow, I am okay with that.

This just solidifies that Duke will win the basketball league straight up by the ACC.

I love the first reaction from the Duke coach - he's like, "eh, What, who cares, this is so obviously not going to count. You'd need to literally have a bunch of blind squirrels reviewing this to get this one wrong."

Ooooops.

Glad to see the ACC call the refs out in this and hand out punishment, but it doesn't change the outcome. Too bad they can't/didn't reverse the result and give Duke the win.

Given that the kid was down with time expired, I believe that in this case they actually could retroactively give the game to Duke, because that would be a just decision. However it creates a precedent in which no one wants to open that can of worms.

Glad to see the ACC call the refs out in this and hand out punishment, but it doesn't change the outcome. Too bad they can't/didn't reverse the result and give Duke the win.

I don't understand why they can't reverse results. That was so blatantly wrong.

This is the exact type of extremely limited situation where the result needs to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom