Holy cow - what an ending to the Duke-Mia game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Holy cow - what an ending to the Duke-Mia game

Amazing how often a blatantly bad call gets upheld by replay. Like Dungey's non fumble vs UVA. This was way worse obviously

While I feel the result should change, there were 23 penalties enforced against Miami vs. 5 for Duke. Yikes.

Colorado beat Missouri back in the 90's (or late 80's) on a fifth down at the goal line that the refs missed in part because there were two spiked balls in the set of downs. Colorado got the win and a very tainted national championship.

Years before Army had won a game on a fifth down and they forfeited the victory. I don't suppose that the tradition of high ethical standards held at Miami would lead them to forfeit the game, but they should.

Colorado beat Missouri back in the 90's (or late 80's) on a fifth down at the goal line that the refs missed in part because there were two spiked balls in the set of downs. Colorado got the win and a very tainted national championship.

Years before Army had won a game on a fifth down and they forfeited the victory. I don't suppose that the tradition of high ethical standards held at Miami would lead them to forfeit the game, but they should.
http://www.archives.nd.edu/about/news/index.php/2011/nd-vs-syracuse-11181961/#.VjZpgStF-MI

I don't understand why they can't reverse results. That was so blatantly wrong.
Look at the game we won from the ref blowing the field goal call. Would you want that reversed. You start reversing calls then where does it stop. 9 minute review should have been enough time to find any number of issues like the block in the back I watched that 3 times this morning couldn't believe they called that the side. You can see the players name clearly. The knee was close but clearly down

I remember the controversy well - it was the Fall of 1990 when Ga Tech (and Coach Bobby Ross) won the final UPI (now Coaches poll) championship, Colorado won the final AP (Sportswriters' Poll) championship, and FSU agreed to join the ACC bypassing the SEC who was very angry with us. It was a split championship year, something that can not happen again I suppose. Best wishes to you guys and embattled HC Shafer for the rest of the year - my thinking is if the team plays well in the remaining games and if Shafer's contract does not end until next year he would stay until then to save $$$ - but I have been wrong before ...

image.jpg

Crazy ending, Canes get called for PI 3 times on the final drive. Duke scores with 6 seconds left (although it looked like the Duke QB never crossed the goaline). Miami gets the squib kick, 8 laterals and scores the winning TD on the runback...BUT, Miami's player knee was down, Canes had a bench player run on the field at the end of the play with no helmet on before the Miami player scored.

Went to Replay for 10 min, Ref's STILL gave the Canes the TD. Duke got screwed!!!

If this were a fumble, would they have said the ball was moving before the knee was down?

Question I have is what is the difference between the two?

Look at the game we won from the ref blowing the field goal call. Would you want that reversed. You start reversing calls then where does it stop. 9 minute review should have been enough time to find any number of issues like the block in the back I watched that 3 times this morning couldn't believe they called that the side. You can see the players name clearly. The knee was close but clearly down
nope. I just want them to call a fair game. if it means we lose then so be it. The refs are atrocious and should never be the deciding factor

Honestly, yes I would. We have to keep these games fair, especially end of game situations, which are not very common.

In my mind, I'm hearing Berman going "whoop"', "whoop", "whoop" like a hundred times when I watch the clip

And if they can't do any better than this, why even bring them back from a two week suspension? Of course, they need to put food on a table and support families ...
The downside to this is the yellow flags are now really going to fly for fear that calls will be missed!
The upside is that the ACC may change their rules to override officials, something Andrea Adelson of ESPN says they can't do now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom