Holy crap, I thought we had some bad crowds. | Syracusefan.com

Holy crap, I thought we had some bad crowds.

GoSU96

Living Legend
This kind of stuff gets you relegated in euro soccer doesn't it?

file.php

I've seen bigger crowds at Bville / L'pool games.

When is that in the game? I can't read the scoreboard in pic.

Anyway, at beginning of game the crowd arrived real late as weather started to turn and people hung at tailgates longer.

There was a lot more people there than represented in the pic. People also hung under some covered concourses around the stadium and many migrated to the attached basketball center.

The weather in the first half was miserable. Cold, windy and wet. Soaked clothes and wet aluminum benches. Drying up at halftime wasnt an option. Those that braved the elements were diehards and those that stayed the whole game were dedicated. Great Orange turnout and a rowdy bunch. We represented well. I give kudos to anyone who toughed it out of all ages..

On another note, the BC tailgate scene right on their campus is awesome. Tailgates everywhere.

file.php

i'm so glad we have a dome. i went to the coldest game in nfl history (not positive about that) when i was 21 and it wasn't anywhere near as miserable as a windy wet 40 degree day like that.

i'm so glad we have a dome. i went to the coldest game in nfl history (not positive about that) when i was 21 and it wasn't anywhere near as miserable as a windy wet 40 degree day like that.
'81 AFC 'Chip? Or coldest windchill (Buff/LA Rams)?

'81 AFC 'Chip? Or coldest windchill (Buff/LA Rams)?
i'm not that old!

it was my 19th birthday now that I check in 94. it was 0, -32 wind chill. not quite the coldest

oh you meant 91. yeah, I was there for that. i was there for all of those games. the comeback will never be topped.

file.php

So, the reduced ticket prices did not increase demand or attendance.

There is only one cure for what this photo depicts - winning and winning consistently.

So, the reduced ticket prices did not increase demand or attendance.

There is only one cure for what this photo depicts - winning and winning consistently.
have they reduced ticket prices?

besides they have more people between the 20s than we do

sure doesn't look like there would've been much harm in reducing the price considering no one is there

Didn't Tomcat say the crowd was 30K or thereabouts...doesn't even look like 4K and didn't look like more that on TV either.

Announced crowd was 34K, which clearly wasn't asses in seats, had to be tickets sold.

Did notice on tv that a lot of people were huddled under the awnings.

Did anyone notice the absence of t.v in there stadium, I mean it was just terrible out and u couldn't see the game anywhere

They have more local big money boosters than us. Their problem is the casual fan not the guys willing to buy the booster seats bc the tailgate passes are worth the donation for Shea field etc

We should merge our teams is the solution :)

I think there were about 30K there. They weren't there at kickoff though, which is surely when that picture was taken. The high water mark was probably around the middle or end of the first quarter.

I have been to 4 or 5 games at BC over the years. Their fans are notorious for arriving late. Understandable that given the usual quality of BC football, the tailgate is usually the highlight of the day...

have they reduced ticket prices?

besides they have more people between the 20s than we do

sure doesn't look like there would've been much harm in reducing the price considering no one is there

Yes, somebody posted that some ticket prices had been reduced to I think $8.00.

Millhouse said:

Amen. F the outside stadiums in the northeast

I think there were about 30K there. They weren't there at kickoff though, which is surely when that picture was taken. The high water mark was probably around the middle or end of the first quarter.

I have been to 4 or 5 games at BC over the years. Their fans are notorious for arriving late. Understandable that given the usual quality of BC football, the tailgate is usually the highlight of the day...

i've gone to many games at BC over the years. When the weather is good, it's one of the better venues in the northeast. Great walk from Beacon St bars to the stadium around the reservoir. When the weather sux, it's the worst. They have great tailgating options around campus too.

I'd say their fanbase is similar to ours over the past 10-15 years honestly. Their high water mark of Matt Ryan they were banging out big crowds (much like us when we were top 10).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom