HOLY O.T. BATMAN!!!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HOLY O.T. BATMAN!!!!!

The Yankees need to keep the DH spot open for A-Rod and Jeter this year, as well as the 4th outfielder. At least Posada has retired, so they can make some room to rest the left side of the infield.

This is not all that different from Texas' stance on Vlad last year. As much as he can still swing the lumber, Montreal's cement-turf finally got the last laugh in regards to his knees. Rangers said it was more important to create a swinging-gate at DH that could be strategically utilized, as opposed to clogging it with a one-dimensional player, even one that could still go .300/25/95. I thought it was asinine at the time, but can't really argue the results.

Bye Bye AJ...I feel a huge salary dump coming.

Yankees fans have had Campos in their system for less than half an hour and they're already over-valuing him.

Red Sox fan I presume... have fun finishing third in the AL East every year.

Great trade for both teams.

Out rotation will look like this.

1.)Sabathia
2.)Pineda
3.)Kuroda
4.)Nova
5.)Burnett/Hughes/Garcia

If anyone is going, I think it's going to be Joba. Time for that experiment to end...

Great trade for both teams.

Out rotation will look like this.

1.)Sabathia
2.)Pineda
3.)Kuroda
4.)Nova
5.)Burnett/Hughes/Garcia

Sure does look like a much better rotation for the Yanks... The only thing I don't like for them, is that if they gave Kuroda a two-year deal, they would have the breathing room to see if someone might be willing to overpay for Nova.

As for the Mariners... I hate the deal. To me, they waffled. Before they made this move, their offense stunk, that is true. But after the trade, their offense still stinks. Their pitching though, the dimension of their team that had the potential to be special, has now become quite average. Made a move just to make a move, as far as I'm concerned, and now they have to improve two areas... instead of one.

Always take good pitching when you can get it.

That says it all. Pineda will be a top of the rotation stud. Sure, Montero's bat and power look legitimate, but you can never have enough starting pitching. Signing Kuroda is a great move too, and provides the Yankees with a lot of flexibility and insurance against injury. They might even be thinking about moving Hughes back to the bullpen, where he has excelled at times.

Forums -> Off-Topic -> Pro Sports

I don't like giving up Montero. I'm afraid that one could come back to haunt us.

Yahoo's Jeff Passan:
"In one frenzied 45-minute stretch, the Yankees went from playoff maybes to World Series favorites."

If anyone is going, I think it's going to be Joba. Time for that experiment to end...
Why would you look to move Joba now? He's still rehabbing and doesn't have much market value at this point. If he makes it back successfully he will be a nice secondary piece for the bullpen.

Yanks just fleeced the out of the Mariners... goodbye Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi, but HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO Michael Pineda and Jose Campos!!! Great move by Cashman... and I don't even like the Yankees.
I hope those other catching names for the Yankees continue their march to the top. I like Montero and will follow his number her on the left side of the Mississippi.Admittedly I don't know much about the other two guys coming onto the roster. I don't think the Yankees are done. I look for a bat now.:bat: