Holy | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Holy

Yeah I suggest not going to the Boneyard; 90% of the posts are sympathetic but the other 10% are downright awduk

Well much like National news regarding a Bush in the hospital, or a cop getting shot, Twitter is ablaze. I’ve seen that coach will get away with it because white among other things.

How did everyone get this dumb?
People have always been dumb. Twitter just shines a light on it. The trick is to engage on mediums that don't cater to the lowest denominator.

For Gods sake, if Buddy was driving the car, then he would have been the one to accidentally hit this man.

I totally agree that is not Beihelm's fault. Hope people learn from this and carry candles at their cars. When similar situation happens, they should light up the candles behind the car to warn other people.

Maybe not. Young people have better eyesight and reflex.

If you read the news story, the disabled car was still in the highway.

That has nothing to do with Boeheim's eyesight. If he had poor eyesight, he would have hit the disabled car in his lane.

He swerved around the disabled car and struck the pedestrian on the shoulder.

Well much like National news regarding a Bush in the hospital, or a cop getting shot, Twitter is ablaze. I’ve seen that coach will get away with it because white among other things.

you kind of answered your own question.

Twitter.

I didn't know how old Boehelm is. But many news article pointed out he is 76 years old. Many of them all implied he is too old to drive at midnight.

My Dad is 74 and drag races a 600hp small block that has an additional 200hp shot of nitrous.

Then again I don’t know if he’s races at midnight. Maybe. I think he could handle it.

Last edited:
He’s in a tough spot. it’s a bad look if he coaches Saturday. Would create the impression that he isn’t affected by what happened.

Let’s get more information as it is released.
Yes conditions were icy but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not at fault either. Could’ve been driving too fast for the conditions. Or maybe the pedestrian was impossible to see. Who knows at this point.

He shouldn’t be driving himself home at that late hour. I wouldn’t trust my parents at that age either. Asking for something bad to happen.

What do you mean "at that age"? I drive myself at all hours of the day and I'm 73. Are you saying Boeheim is infirm?

Maybe, but it appears a new challenger has appeared.
tenor.gif

I totally agree that is not Beihelm's fault. Hope people learn from this and carry candles at their cars. When similar situation happens, they should light up the candles behind the car to warn other people.
Candles? They might see the candle if they light the car on fire, sure.

My point is that students can live off campus.

Not all students can. Freshman have to live on campus but if they are local like buddy, they can. But buddy didn’t want to. What’s your point?

Does that surprise anyone lately?

I think he meant those flares that are commonly used in such situations

I ordered flares for my truck just last week. With the long dark winters up here, it's insane I haven't gotten them sooner. I was headed into work a couple weeks ago, and saw a car stopped at the entrance of a parking lot. As I got closer, I realized he was just passed the entrance, in the ditch. I went to change lanes to give him room and at the last minute noticed something in the road. It was the light pole that the guy hit. I just missed it, swerved all over the ice, and just missed the ditch myself. Having no flares, I had to back my truck up to the pole with my flashers on until the police arrived.

Feel horrible for everyone involved.

EDit- I also keep a head lamp in my truck. I pull a lot of vehicles out of ditches in the winter up here, and anytime I get out of my truck I toss the headlamp on my head. Not just so I can see, but so people can see me.

Last edited:
you get out when its safe if the car is in the road. and then you get behind guard rails or off the road. how soon after the accident JB came up on them is an unknown. But you cant get out of a busy road without making sure its safe.
of course this is true but we have all done dumb things in stressful situations when we're not thinking straight

easy for us to say what not to do

whole thing is just horrible. like others i had close calls that still stick with me where you can see the terror in the other persons face. car turned left in front of me, i slammed brakes and stopped an inch away from the lady in the passenger seat who was screaming her head off.

poor Boeheim too. I hope no one else was with him in the car just to limit how many people have to keep seeing that in their heads.

Not all students can. Freshman have to live on campus but if they are local like buddy, they can. But buddy didn’t want to. What’s your point?

The point is that Buddy should have based his college living situation on the one in a million chance that his able-bodied and able-minded father was going to accidentally hit someone with his car, and perhaps Buddy driving his father literally everywhere could have prevented that tragedy by say 1%. It's all very logical.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Stand in the middle of the road trying to light the notoriously difficult to light road flares/candles and hope some doesn't hit you. Look at the picture of the car in the road, there were no "good" choices here for those poor souls in that other car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom