Home game in Miami? | Syracusefan.com

Home game in Miami?

fla.jpg

It's truly pathetic when the visitors who are from 1000 miles away have as many or more fans at the game as you do!

rtc_zpsaf249be8.png

Another home game for SU. Why don't they ever play on the road?

"The game drew a sellout crowd, the seventh in Larranaga’s three seasons with the attendance-challenged Hurricanes. The stands were a sea of orange, including plenty of visiting or transplanted New Yorkers rooting for Syracuse."
Florida Today

"Whenever we play in Florida, everybody that has been a fan of ours for many years — they're all down here," SU coach Jim Boeheim said. "So, we get more requests here for tickets than any place. "We have great turnouts down here. We played in Tampa and here. … I'm sure there were half the people who were Syracuse people. It's just the way it is; they're all down here and they want to come see us play."
DD PS

"It was clear long before tipoff that Saturday’s game between the University of Miami and No. 2 Syracuse — though geographically 1,200 miles away from the Carrier Dome — was not truly a road game for the Orange.

Thousands of diehard Syracuse fans, many of them transplanted New Yorkers, poured into the sold-out arena for a rare chance to see their beloved undefeated team in person. They roared as the Syracuse players were introduced, chanted “Let’s Go Orange!” and left relieved after their team withstood the pesky Hurricanes 64-52 in a game much closer than its score."
The Miami Herald

Being there I would say it was 55/45 in Miami's favor - alumni love to come to South Florida in the winter and it was a Saturday game

"It was clear long before tipoff that Saturday’s game between the University of Miami and No. 2 Syracuse — though geographically 1,200 miles away from the Carrier Dome — was not truly a road game for the Orange.

Just more proof that we truly are 'Americas College Basketball Team'.

We are equally loved and feared throughout the country and maybe even the world, therefore Syracuse can NEVER be credited with a road win...

Being there I would say it was 55/45 in Miami's favor - alumni love to come to South Florida in the winter and it was a Saturday game
My son and I were there too and it was not possible to determine the fans by sight with both sides being orange. That said I think your estimate is as accurate as you can get considering the cheering for each side.

At the end of the game ,when Ennis was exiting the floor after his interview, my son yelled out to him to stay one more year. Ennis had the biggest smile(not just the little grin he shows from time to time, it was a huge smile) and laughed as he headed into the tunnel. Seriously, it was a huge smile. He could have been thinking, nah I'm gone for sure or he could have thought thats just so funny, I'm definitely coming back. Whatever, he got a big kick out of it.

My son and I were there too and it was not possible to determine the fans by sight with both sides being orange. That said I think your estimate is as accurate as you can get considering the cheering for each side.

At the end of the game ,when Ennis was exiting the floor after his interview, my son yelled out to him to stay one more year. Ennis had the biggest smile(not just the little grin he shows from time to time, it was a huge smile) and laughed as he headed into the tunnel. Seriously, it was a huge smile. He could have been thinking, nah I'm gone for sure or he could have thought thats just so funny, I'm definitely coming back. Whatever, he got a big kick out of it.
Ennis smiles?

We tried that with Pearl & Melo

Our family was 0-2:(:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom