Home Opener Attendance | Syracusefan.com

Home Opener Attendance

BVille44

All Conference
Has anyone heard how ticket sales are going for the home opener? I know that the freshman class is getting free tickets so I am hoping for a packed student section. Also new season ticket sales hit 3500 last week so do we have a shot at 40,000 for Colgate?

48,000 and 50,000 encircling the dome to try and listen to the sounds of Victory.

42k announced, much closer to 35k-37k actual.

I wonder if Wildhack will do this. It sounds like Coyle announced butts in seats, which made our attendance figures last year look really low compared to years past.

I wonder if Wildhack will do this. It sounds like Coyle announced butts in seats, which made our attendance figures last year look really low compared to years past.
Good question. We had graphics on ESPN showing our huge plunge in attendance, when in all actuality, I don't think there was much of a drop off until the end of the big slide.

Has anyone heard how ticket sales are going for the home opener? I know that the freshman class is getting free tickets so I am hoping for a packed student section. Also new season ticket sales hit 3500 last week so do we have a shot at 40,000 for Colgate?

Student section will be packed to start, and empty by mid-3rd quarter. Now I can't be too judgmental. I'm hoping for a blowout so I can also leave by the start of the 4th quarter to get my Labor Day weekend vacation on the St. Lawrence started. Let's make it happen Dino.

is the renewal rate tickets or people. if seasons where at 20K of tickets mean 18K renewed. if its people and most account probably avg say 3 then thats 6000 renewals but it could any number of tickets. in either case its probably a net of 1-2K in ticket sold.

Why Coyle did this I have no idea. What is the benefit to the school of doing that?

is the renewal rate tickets or people. if seasons where at 20K of tickets mean 18K renewed. if its people and most account probably avg say 3 then thats 6000 renewals but it could any number of tickets. in either case its probably a net of 1-2K in ticket sold.
It is the number of tickets sold.

I got my season. $125 for seasons was too cheap to pass up, even though I'll be missing 2-3 games.

Student section will be packed to start, and empty by mid-3rd quarter. Now I can't be too judgmental. I'm hoping for a blowout so I can also leave by the start of the 4th quarter to get my Labor Day weekend vacation on the St. Lawrence started. Let's make it happen Dino.
I hear you. I'm actually leaving for our lake house tomorrow and coming back for the game. Immediately after the beat down...back to the lake.

looking at ticket master I think there is still a wait an see attitude around town for those who didnt take the season ticket plunge. not unexpected but more tickets sold for Colgate than UL , its not like casual fan picked up just the better games, it seems like season tickets or none at all so far.

36,500. If we score 40 plus we will get 40K for Louisville...

Does Colgate bring any fans? Would think this would be a fun novelty to get to see their team play in the dome.

Also, who are the 10% of last year's season ticket holders that didn't renew? Of all times to not renew your tickets over the last 15 years, you pick this year when an exciting style of play is FINALLY coming back?

Why Coyle did this I have no idea. What is the benefit to the school of doing that?

No more juking the stats...
445cb6933b1736a987b53e150c4d8c2c.jpg

Am I the only one who detected a bit of snark in this comment?Oh Lord

Don't take it as anything bad, Hale has a good sense of humor and he is an SU grad (I believe he has a Masters from Newhouse), just him being funny.