Honest question outside of McDonald will HCSS fire any coaches this offseason? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Honest question outside of McDonald will HCSS fire any coaches this offseason?

I wish he'd fire everyone. But barring that, there's no one on the offensive side of the ball worth keeping.
Wow - you just lost all your credibility. Good luck.

Wow - you just lost all your credibility. Good luck.
Good luck with what? Having a terrible offense? Seems like we've already got that covered.

eshk7.jpg

I don't think you've watched a game this season. If your d finishes in the top 35, you don't get rid of the defensive coaches.
Unfortunately I watched them all. You're assuming that if we got a new HC that our D coordinators want to coach for him. I doubt they would. They're all Shafer's guys. Hence, clean slate. But sadly, it looks like you're getting your wish and we're stuck with this clown show status quo for another season. Yay!

SUinNYC said:
Unfortunately I watched them all. You're assuming that if we got a new HC that our D coordinators want to coach for him. I doubt they would. They're all Shafer's guys. Hence, clean slate. But sadly, it looks like you're getting your wish and we're stuck with this clown show status quo for another season. Yay!

Thankfully. We are not the SEC, dumping coaches at the first losing season won't fly here. Almost all of our great coaches had leeway to correct things and get better.

TheCusian said:
Thankfully. We are not the SEC, dumping coaches at the first losing season won't fly here. Almost all of our great coaches had leeway to correct things and get better.
Can't.
Type.
Laughing.
Too.
Hard.

SUinNYC said:
Can't. Type. Laughing. Too. Hard.

And completely unable to mount any kind of smart response. Figured as much. Clown.

TheCusian said:
And completely unable to mount any kind of smart response. Figured as much. Clown.
So the guy who jumped all over me for calling Shafer names has now resorted to name calling? Oh man, this is too much fun.

I agree with Moontan and listening and looking are the key phrases. This should be an interesting offseason. Michigan/Nebraska getting new staffs might attract the mid western coaches and to be honest if I were one of those schools I'd look at McDonald to get some Florida kids.

"Not looking" is not the same as "Not listening".
If other programs start inquiring, he'll listen.n

It would be good for SU to show Chuck some love and give him a bump in pay.
A sitting coach will never be quoted in the press that they are looking for a new position. Instead, they "announce" their availability with statements like those in the linked article.

I believe that he would like to stay here, but he also must realize that it's potentially only a one-year gig. An opening at a more stable school this year might be preferable to whatever unknowns might be out their next season when he could actually need a job.

So the guy who jumped all over me for calling Shafer names has now resorted to name calling? Oh man, this is too much fun.
you were classless and immature calling people names--in doing so you detract from the legitimacy of your point. people only respond in anger to your lack of manners and not the validity of your point. guess you are just fishing