Honor History - Dome Renovations | Syracusefan.com

Honor History - Dome Renovations

44Warrior

Walk On
Lets honor Syracuse History and great players like no other institution.

Instead of Carrier Dome Gates being named Gate P, Gate M, etc., lets rename them: Ben Schwartzwalder Gate, Jim Brown Gate, Floyd Little Gate, Larry Csonka Gate, Pearl Washington Gate, Billy Owens Gate, etc.

Instead of each box section and seating section of the dome being named section 103, 104 etc., lets rename them: Don McPherson Box Seats, Marvin Graves Box Seats, Dick MacPherson Box Seats, Dave Bing Box Seats, Derrick Coleman Box Seats, Sherman Douglas section, Rob Moore section, Joe Morris section, Tim Green section, etc. I know for organizational purposes numbers will have to be placed next to names, so that people can find their seats easy.

How about when your entering the dome on the side of each gate there are statues of our legends. Yes we have an Ernie Davis statue on campus and new statues on the practice facility campus. But lets go full tilt and have statues on each side of every Carrier Dome Gate that you enter. Wow what a statement that would make. Yes, I know statues are expensive. Each statue can be a donation. For instance Sherman Douglas statue donated by Lockheed Martin, or private individual.

Lets be unique and stand apart for other institutions. Syracuse history is vast, lets let everyone who enters the Carrier Dome know what great history we have. Every Gate, every box seat section, every seating section let it all honor and scream Syracuse history. Lets let every fan know our history and every recruit know our history.

I know people on this board have connections. Pass this up the chain. Lets make Syracuse a place that honors its great history. Go Orange!

This could get very confusing.
People who've been going to the Dome for 35 years still don't know what side of the aisle the 101,102,etc seats are on.

Like I said previously, there would still be a numbering system to help people avoid confusion.

Great idea! Maybe we can have an on-campus sports bar and restaurant called Legends also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom