Hoople heads rejoice! | Syracusefan.com

Hoople heads rejoice!

Guinness

Living Legend
Looks like HBO has given the go ahead to a Deadwood movie. Maybe we finally get closure on a show that ended too soon.

post-45308-thank-you-my-good-man-gif-Imgu-L4pd.gif

About f**king time! Knowin' full f**kin' well I've remained contumacious to the point of intransigence in the face of all those inane programs those useless f**king coxcombs at HBO decided to take forward for no good or defensible f**kin' reason, all the while letting one of the great, truly Shakespearean dramas languish to the point where it almost [grandiose gesture; slowly downs shot of whiskey]... died on the f**kin' vine.

Easily my favorite HBO series ever. Hopefully a movie does the series justice.

About f**king time! Knowin' full f**kin' well I've remained contumacious to the point of intransigence in the face of all those inane programs those useless f**king coxcombs at HBO decided to take forward for no good or defensible f**kin' reason, all the while letting one of the great, truly Shakespearean dramas languish to the point where it almost [grandiose gesture; slowly downs shot of whiskey]... died on the f**kin' vine.

I read somewhere that people didnt really curse like that back then. The salty language of the day, which was prolific, included lots of "yellows" and dang its," etc. The producers didnt want the show's characters sounding like a bunch of Yosemite Sams, so they modernized the cursing.

I read somewhere that people didnt really curse like that back then. The salty language of the day, which was prolific, included lots of "yellows" and dang its," etc. The producers didnt want the show's characters sounding like a bunch of Yosemite Sams, so they modernized the cursing.
I don't think they spoke English in Rome either. Actually, why are they speaking English on Game of Thrones? ;)

I don't think they spoke English in Rome either. Actually, why are they speaking English on Game of Thrones? ;)

I'm pretty sure they didnt either. I think it has been noted because people have spoke of the authenticity of Deadwood compared to the traditional pale face vs. redskin westerns.

This guy doesnt care either way.

Mr-Wu-deadwood-12371184-506-316.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom