Hopefully SU is watching the NIT results tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Hopefully SU is watching the NIT results tonight...

AZcuse77

Scout Team
6 of the 7 higher NIT seeds going down tonight except Illinois ... most of the bubble "contenders" who either don't care or just aren't good. #1 seed Cal getting waxed at home by #8 44-19. Utah blew it at home too so maybe the Pac 12 is just that awful. It would be nice if Cuse came 0ut and played like they cared...

Answer D.

-The PAC 12 is really just that awful.

I imagine it's both... tougher to get motivated when you are disappointed to not get a bid to the Dance vs a team that knew they had no shot at an at-large and happy to be in the NIT.

Some P5 teams have really underperformed tonight. Not unusual for the first round of the tournament where sometimes it is hard to gauge what P5 teams still are focused.

Cal (#1 seed - funny even by NIT standards) is getting their butts kicked by #8 seed by 22 points.
#2 Clemson lost to #7 Oakland
#3 Utah lost to #6 Boise St
#3 Alabama lost to Richmond

Interestingly the #4 seed Monmouth lost to Ole Miss. So we will playing Ole Miss next game if we take care of business. At least someone differnet for the fans to se.

Oops missed this thread... odds can align mine with this one if they wish

I imagine it's both... tougher to get motivated when you are disappointed to not get a bid to the Dance vs a team that knew they had no shot at an at-large and happy to be in the NIT.

I agree.

But, it is interesting to note that the 7's and 8's could have similar motivation issues. Those seeds are all the teams that won the regular season and are probably very disappointed at what happened last week. Most seemed to be fine except for Valpo. Valpo today did not look like they had interest being here -- I guess they see themselves as a team can steal a game in the NCAA tournament, so they had no interest with this

Cal is without their top 2 players fwiw

Not that I am overly concerned about winning in the NIT.

But this could be a factor that works against us as we move on. If we decide to sit a player or two for minor injuries, we really have zero depth,

I agree.

But, it is interesting to note that the 7's and 8's could have similar motivation issues. Those seeds are all the teams that won the regular season and are probably very disappointed at what happened last week. Most seemed to be fine except for Valpo. Valpo today did not look like they had interest being here -- I guess they see themselves as a team can steal a game in the NCAA tournament, so they had no interest with this

Good point...also three guaranteed road games but I guess there is the chance to play a P5 team for many of them which isn't a frequent option for a small school.

6 of the 7 higher NIT seeds going down tonight except Illinois ... most of the bubble "contenders" who either don't care or just aren't good. #1 seed Cal getting waxed at home by #8 44-19. Utah blew it at home too so maybe the Pac 12 is just that awful. It would be nice if Cuse came 0ut and played like they cared...
If these players cared, they wouldn't have lost to Miami in the first round. Jim has told them it is life or death.

If these players cared, they wouldn't have lost to Miami in the first round. Jim has told them it is life or death.

I've been frustrated so many times with this years team... but thought Miami played really well that game. The bigger issue was the 13 losses before that leading to a must win. This squad could always lose to a team as good as Miami but there were plenty of games they didn't show up.

After the top 3 the Pac 12 is awful. Fully expect Providence to beat the shiznit out of USC tonight

SU has never won the NIT, not the tournament we wanted but it'd be nice to do so.
I did not even think about this, I thought we had NIT championship banners hanging in the Dome.

This is now the second thing I will root for ... the first is completely embarrassing UNCG and then getting them on our schedule in future years so we can continue the embarrassment.

I agree.

Valpo was without their top 2 scorers...one was suspended for grades and the other was out due to a broken leg...

It's hard to get college players to play hard in games they wished they weren't playing. It wouldn't surprise me at all that SU lays an egg tonight, but I hope we see them have a nice run in this tourney.

After the top 3 the Pac 12 is awful. Fully expect Providence to beat the shiznit out of USC tonight

I expect that too. It will be a replay of 2007. I believe it was Stanford who inexplicably made it in when we got snubbed and then they went out and lost by 327 points or so. give or take. I don't think we got stiffed this year like in 2007, but I do know we are better than freaking USC.

Answer D.

-The PAC 12 is really just that awful.

This is what makes Arizona coming East and cleaning our clock in recruiting that much harder to take.

This is what makes Arizona coming East and cleaning our clock in recruiting that much harder to take.

Still wish we could have somehow landed Simmons.

That's not going to happen. They played in the Tourney last year and it took Providence a last second game winning layup to beat USC. Providence had Kris Dunn and that one diesel forward. Ben something. I'm thinking payback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom