Horse Racing 2024 | Syracusefan.com

Horse Racing 2024

upperdeck

Living Legend
Huge upset today with Fierceness the early derby fav running so flat in the Holy Bull in its first start since the Breeders cup, finished 3rd

Good for me taking Hades with the TVG MB bet though

Southwest stakes had smaller upset with the 2 horse coming out of the smarty jones winning in a nice Ex there as well.

Huge upset today with Fierceness the early derby fav running so flat in the Holy Bull in its first start since the Breeders cup, finished 3rd

Good for me taking Hades with the TVG MB bet though

Southwest stakes had smaller upset with the 2 horse coming out of the smarty jones winning in a nice Ex there as well.
Unfortunately, I had the 4-6-7 in the Holy Bull, not 1-6-7.

The price to see the Belmont at Saratoga is not too bad at $50 for the non seat areas. The only limitation to the outdoor area is pretty much no alcohol can be brought in. Not sure what the grandstand costs

It goes on sale next week.

My plans fell thru for this year so next year if it comes back as expected I will run over.

Full field of 12 for the Sam Davis today. I like the 12 Elysian Meadows, Mott/Alvarado, over 3/5/9
FWIW.
Good betting race.

Great betting time of year for the 3 year olds. Some improving and stepping up in class, some falling off prior form, and later developers seeing if they have what it takes for the classics.

They commission an artist to do the label for their annual Kentucky Derby offering. Last year's honored the 50th anniversary of Secretariat's Derby victory. Those things make good investments. The older bottles in the series are commonly sold for thousands.

My winning strategy at the track used to be to befriend the old guy hanging around and get all the info. Now I AM the old guy and don't know squat. What am I supposed to do?

Anybody see the new development pictures for Belmont? As a track rat who grew up just of the back stretch, it’s a bit of a shock, but looks like it will be quite a venue. Supposed to be opening, if I recall, in the latter part of 2026.

Sar taking over the next 2 Belmont Day meets gave them some extra time to get the 2026 thing done.

Anybody see the new development pictures for Belmont? As a track rat who grew up just of the back stretch, it’s a bit of a shock, but looks like it will be quite a venue. Supposed to be opening, if I recall, in the latter part of 2026.
Agreed, it's certainly different than the old but agreed going to be a nice venue. Having the two tracks so close to one another simply did not make sense any longer and most the horses that run at Big A were training at Belmont anyway, makes 100% sense to consolidate it.

Hopefully the renovations will be enough to get the Breeder's Cup back to NY.

I like that it appears fans will have views to both the track and the paddock with much less effort due largely to the reduced size of the building (275,000 sf vs 1.25 million, I read) They will no longer have to walk across the cavernous hallways to get to the back of the grandstand, but I guess a smaller grandstand footprint has come about due to the waning popularity of the sport. I must add, finally, the words “rooftop terrace” and “Belmont” are difficult for me to say in the same sentence.

some big derby hopefils tanking lately.

Timberlake got hurt

Derterministic look bad today

some big derby hopefils tanking lately.

Timberlake got hurt

Derterministic look bad today
I always look past a horse like Deterministic this late in the prep season who already has the points. I had the Mott winner in the Wood. Unfortunately, not the tri.