Houston hires Dana Holgorsen | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Houston hires Dana Holgorsen

Just saw this on their R!vals board... too funny not to repost here - Edsall !:

hillbillyrivals.png
That guy's avatar is aces.

Houston must have some big ass benefactors as they aren't getting that kind of cash from the AAC. Cue the Babers to wvu posts.

They have a Billionaire that sits on the board - Tilman Fertitta. He is also one of their biggest donors and is heavily involved on the sports side of things. Plus, just 5 years ago, Houston allocated over $100M from Academics to Athletics:

University of Houston Pours Millions into Sports

We were the last games for the Louisville and WV coaches... cool...

One thing to remember is that WVUs endowment is incredibly small ~500 mill, while Houston's is almost double that. While endowments != directly correlate to football money, it does mean something.

You COULD argue that Holgorsen went to a much richer school

Last edited:
They have a Billionaire that sits on the board - Tilman Fertitta. He is also one of their biggest donors and is heavily involved on the sports side of things. Plus, just 5 years ago, Houston allocated over $100M from Academics to Athletics:

University of Houston Pours Millions into Sports
They are desperate to get into the big 12 but UT wants nothing to do with them because UH is a natural recruiting competitor and UT doesn’t want to legtiamize them.

If the big 12 were smart they would invite Houston, UCF and Cinci

This is a huge move by Houston. I think their real plan here is that they can make the playoffs from a G5 conference, if the resources are put behind it. I think that if the run the table in the AAC and beat a couple of P5 teams OOC, they may very well be in.

This is a huge move by Houston. I think their real plan here is that they can make the playoffs from a G5 conference, if the resources are put behind it. I think that if the run the table in the AAC and beat a couple of P5 teams OOC, they may very well be in.

Perhaps a birdie told them the expansion to 8 is not if but when? Best of G5 gets a shot, and they are jumping in feet first?

Perhaps a birdie told them the expansion to 8 is not if but when? Best of G5 gets a shot, and they are jumping in feet first?
That seems to follow. If there is an expansion to 8, the G5 has to get at least 1 automatic bid.

That seems to follow. If there is an expansion to 8, the G5 has to get at least 1 automatic bid.

Only if a 2 loss SEC team doesn’t take it from them. ;)

Maybe it’s time for Schiano to get back in the HC game!
If I’m the WV fan base, it’s going to be very tough to accept a HC who’s not offensively minded.
Exactly. Defense is optional in Big XII games. They just try to outscore their opponent. Their idea of "defense" is a couple of overthrows combined with some dropped passes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom