Houston is having a problem vs Navy | Syracusefan.com

Houston is having a problem vs Navy

Amazing how Navy just makes things work year after year after year with fringe D1 players.

Amazing how Navy just makes things work year after year after year with fringe D1 players.

Its amazing how they can just lose one of the best players in Navy history in Reynolds, and not miss much of a beat at all.

Really hoped that Houston could break into the playoffs this year. Nice win for Navy.

He is a Mormon and his sons play at BYU. However, his wife did not want to leave Annapolis so he decided to stay at the Academy.

I thought they wanted him but didn't want the option offense at BYU and that kind of killed it.

I thought they wanted him but didn't want the option offense at BYU and that kind of killed it.

My Dad is a Navy man so I followed it pretty closely. My understanding is that his wife is very happy at Annapolis and didn't want to move to Utah. I had not heard that the option offense was as unwelcome as Budweiser on the BYU campus. However, I could be incorrect on this.

Upon further review, you may be right about the option putting the kibosh on the deal.

My Dad is a Navy man so I followed it pretty closely. My understanding is that his wife is very happy at Annapolis and didn't want to move to Utah. I had not heard that the option offense was as unwelcome as Budweiser on the BYU campus. However, I could be incorrect on this.
Hard not to be happy in Annapolis. Great town, and great experience on game day.

Speaking of BYU...

CuR6OgaVUAAYEeZ.jpg

Upon further review, you may be right about the option putting the kibosh on the deal.

The wife angle sounds better.

That was a huge part of it. As I understand it his family also wasn't enthused about leaving the East. So it seemed like a good match, but wasn't a great match for either party.

That was a huge part of it. As I understand it his family also wasn't enthused about leaving the East. So it seemed like a good match, but wasn't a great match for either party.

There are still people enthused about staying in the east :crazy:

Houston loves America!!

Duke hates the troops (Duke 13, Army 6)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom