How about a gift for fans that stay to the end? | Syracusefan.com

How about a gift for fans that stay to the end?

SmilinBob

Living Legend
The few that were there last night, most of them left early. I'd love to see SU start something to reward those that...not only go...but stay and watch the whole game. I love watching the backups play after working their tails off to get on the field. Maybe a surprise give away to X amount of fans leaving after the game as a thank you for not only going, but staying the whole time?

You mean IN ADDITION to the band's lovely postgame rendition of the Alma Mater?? :)

I love staying & watching the backups/youngsters. Markenzy Pierre was, IMO, one of the highlights of the game. Loved seeing the Frosh Kingsley Jonathan still pumped up & getting his teammates pumped up late in the game...plays with a ton of passion. How about walk-on Tyler Gilfus from little summer destination Cape Vincent, NY (Thousand Islands HS) catching a pass. The reactions of the starters when the role players make plays is worth staying. Also got to briefly meet Wildhack & his young son in the concourse on my way out. Gameday in The Dome is 4-5 hours that I can immerse myself & be a kid again, I'm going to prolong that as long as possible.

It really was sad to see how many stayed until the end.

The crowd was very weak to begin with, and the game wasn't the most exciting.

It really was sad to see how many stayed until the end.

The crowd was very weak to begin with, and the game wasn't the most exciting.

Not sure what people were expecting.

If we're going to keep playing an FCS team on Labor Day weekend (and I hope we do, it's a good tune up), it's never going to be well attended. The crowd is never going to be all that into it.

The few that were there last night, most of them left early. I'd love to see SU start something to reward those that...not only go...but stay and watch the whole game. I love watching the backups play after working their tails off to get on the field. Maybe a surprise give away to X amount of fans leaving after the game as a thank you for not only going, but staying the whole time?
This is 20% wacky and 80% the greatest idea I've ever heard

How about a gift for those who watched ESPN3 to the very end and finished all their beer even though they had to be up at 5:30 am for their son's hockey practice?

I'm just saying, they're out there. And they should be rewarded.

How about a gift for those who watched ESPN3 to the very end and finished all their beer even though they had to be up at 5:30 am for their son's hockey practice?

On a tiny tablet no less.

The crowd is what it is. Vs CCSU on a Friday night ??? I can't expect too many to come out for that.

Not mentioned the way CCSU plays is absolutely some of the most boring football alive.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that game was a snoozer. I sat until SU fumbled with about 5 minutes left in the game and watched the rest from the corridor.

Stop scheduling home games during the New York State Fair and Labor Day Weekend. That's one of the biggest excuses fans will use to not go to a game.

Not sure what people were expecting.

If we're going to keep playing an FCS team on Labor Day weekend (and I hope we do, it's a good tune up), it's never going to be well attended. The crowd is never going to be all that into it.
That is sad. Look how many are in the stands at Penn State against Akron. I know they are in the MAC, but it is packed. It is disappointing going to other venues (particularly Clemson) and watching how many fans they have before and after the game. It is easy for me to criticize since I live in North Carolina but if I did still live there, I would make an attempt to make every home game. I never leave early. I don't get it. BTW - I got my tickets for NC State and will remain there the whole game win or lose. Our football fan base needs to step up. I remember going to a Cuse NC State basketball game like 5-6 years ago and there were almost as many Cuse fan as State.
Support this team and the recruits like the Sampsons, Whites and Devitos will come. If not, we will continue to be a sub par team. Enough of my rant...

Concerning the games I think the tv timeouts are crushing. These games are already pretty choppy just based on style of play, then to add a 5 minute hiatus is brutal.

That is sad. Look how many are in the stands at Penn State against Akron. I know they are in the MAC, but it is packed. It is disappointing going to other venues (particularly Clemson) and watching how many fans they have before and after the game. It is easy for me to criticize since I live in North Carolina but if I did still live there, I would make an attempt to make every home game. I never leave early. I don't get it. BTW - I got my tickets for NC State and will remain there the whole game win or lose. Our football fan base needs to step up. I remember going to a Cuse NC State basketball game like 5-6 years ago and there were almost as many Cuse fan as State.
Support this team and the recruits like the Sampsons, Whites and Devitos will come. If not, we will continue to be a sub par team. Enough of my rant...

I haven't been to a game elsewhere in years, but the folks at tigerdroppings are pretty candid about the thinning of their home crowds throughout games. And they are considered among the best fan-bases in the Country.

Concerning the games I think the tv timeouts are crushing. These games are already pretty choppy just based on style of play, then to add a 5 minute hiatus is brutal.
This. I stayed til the alma mater but it wasn't easy. Hate how often that redshirt comes onto the field, it kills the experience.

Back in the day, before every game was televised, a 1:30 no-TV game would finish at about the same time as a noon TV game.

This. I stayed til the alma mater but it wasn't easy. Hate how often that redshirt comes onto the field, it kills the experience.
Amen. I seemed out of control last night, it dragged at the end.

That said, staying for the Alma mater is worth it for me.

FREE BEER!... In the history of man, it has never failed. Doesn't matter what the question is.

Or for those that have to drive 1-2 hours back home after the game and pay a babysitter $80 for 8 hours of coverage (3:30 to 11:30). ;)

Kills the experience, but funds the budget. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom