How about a little word for Coleman | Syracusefan.com

How about a little word for Coleman

I thought Coleman was huge today. We definitely gain offensively when he is out, but I think he anchored us defensively in a huge way for much of the game. Was sort of the setup man that allowed us to swoop in and win at the end.

If Coleman can just make those couple of baby hooks he gets each game, that's huge. He needs to give up on contested lay ups because he has no explosion when he jumps. He's getting better each game and we will need him.

If Coleman can just make those couple of baby hooks he gets each game, that's huge. He needs to give up on contested lay ups because he has no explosion when he jumps. He's getting better each game and we will need him.

Yeah, his putbacks when contested are backboard shattering.

A total salute and tip of the hat to DC. The kid deserves praise for the incredible dedication he has demonstrated over the past several years. He has battled through a painful surgery and rehab and has done everything that was asked of him. Did anyone see the shots of him standing up through the entire game on Thursday when he wasn't in the game, cheering and urging on his fellow team mates.

He is progressing with each game and without his play today we probably don't win. It's a team effort and he is going to be an integral part of what we accomplish this season. He deserves patience and understanding while he gets his legs under him and rounds into the form which is going to make us into a championship team. (Ooops... I guess we are already a championship team!!!)

LGO

You can definitely see him progressing.
I've held my breath every time he has tumbled to the floor in this tournament.

Most under-rated part of having Coleman in there is it's gotta be extremely tiring for opponent's big men to bang down low with him all game. It must take a toll on opposing big men's energy levels, especially come the end of the game. Coleman's (still) a big, tough dude who enjoys boxing out & getting physical down low for those rebounds.

For example, in this game Texas A&M's Centers were well below their normal scoring averages:

Trocha-Morelos was averaging 11.8 ppg coming into game...but went 3-11 for 6 total points today in 24 mins of play.

Tyler Davis was averaging 13.5 ppg coming into today...but went 3-5 for 8 total points in 32 mins play.

Gotta give props to our frontcourt for that nice effort today.

Coleman got big boyed once or twice but did some big boying of his own. There arent many who are willing to tuggle with an aggressive 270 lb manimal. That baby hook has potential. Also his battling for every jump ball made it really tough for atm to finish around the rim.

You cant deny hes getting a little better every game. If we want to contend in acc we will need 6 guys minimum to be very solid and he prob has to be one of em

We played better when he came back in second half after lydon had alittle rough stretch at center. then a+m ran out of steam against our small lineup late so we ran with it imo.,

Coleman gave us some important minutes. He provided strength and toughness under the rim and his "take downs" let the A&M big men know they were in a fight and couldn't intimidate us. He's improving. If he gives the team 20 minutes of rebounding and a few buckets it will be huge.

He shot 1 baby hook today and made it. I was encouraged to see that. The next time instead of baby hook he went for the full on face up straight shot. It got blocked. Please stick to the baby hook. With his shoulders it would never get blocked.

He definitely is improving

His rebounding and energy today were huge. It was to the point where Boeheim actually subbed him IN at one point because he thought he would do a better job than Roberson. That's progress.

Honestly I was not counting on much production or even many minutes from him but he was huge today. Loved that baby hook which if he continues to work on it is un-blockable.

At the beginning of the season most of us hoped for 25 min. per game from DC. He just did it. Now be has to polish it up some and get more rust off. You can see his improvement game to game. . By tne way, wnat is his weight? Yesterday I thought the announcers said 240. Today-270. If he is 270, I think he plays quicker and jumps higher at 250. Easier on tne knees, too.

At the beginning of the season most of us hoped for 25 min. per game from DC. He just did it. Now be has to polish it up some and get more rust off. You can see his improvement game to game. . By tne way, wnat is his weight? Yesterday I thought the announcers said 240. Today-270. If he is 270, I think he plays quicker and jumps higher at 250. Easier on tne knees, too.

I think he ate out last night

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom