How about a little word for Coleman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How about a little word for Coleman

If he is able to pull down 8-10 rebounds a game and stay out of foul trouble we will be able to hang with a hell of a lot of teams this season!

Also, the scary part is that we really don't even need that much offensive production from him with our other sharpshooters

Only thing I take issue with DC is, that he seems to double pump or try to put some fancy spin on the ball when he should just go up strong. And tries to go up strong when he should double pump or hesitate.

Really encouraged with how he's progressing.

baby steps
He's taking more than baby steps now, and is gaining confidence in his knee, in the zone and even showing signs offensively. When he puts it all together he will be a beast. Some game soon we will be be saying he was the best player on the court tonight.

Put up better numbers than Roberson. TR is so frustrating, you can see what he's capable of one game and know he could be consistent with it and then nothing happens the next.
Seems like Roberson plays well every other game. He has such potential.He hasn't really hurt the team but he needs to be more consistent.

A total salute and tip of the hat to DC. The kid deserves praise for the incredible dedication he has demonstrated over the past several years. He has battled through a painful surgery and rehab and has done everything that was asked of him. Did anyone see the shots of him standing up through the entire game on Thursday when he wasn't in the game, cheering and urging on his fellow team mates.

He is progressing with each game and without his play today we probably don't win. It's a team effort and he is going to be an integral part of what we accomplish this season. He deserves patience and understanding while he gets his legs under him and rounds into the form which is going to make us into a championship team. (Ooops... I guess we are already a championship team!!!)

LGO
Excellent post!

He is progressing. Like JB said it'll take time. But the last 2 games have been really encouraging- he's gettting his game legs. Still think, come ACC - he'll be more than serviceable. And if he does, we may contend in the conference and beyond.

Fortunately, there was usually an aTm guy underneath him to break the fall.

You can definitely see him progressing.
I've held my breath every time he has tumbled to the floor in this tournament.

Coleman just doesn't play above the rim. He won't ever. He just has to bang and move people around...get rebounds and garbage points. Anything else is gravy.

Thought he did well today.

Agreed. The surgeries have impacted what limited lateral mobility he had. BUT he has shown that he can be a volume rebounder and a space eater. That's what his focus should be - rebound, play defense, use your fouls, and don't worry about scoring unless something is there. I love the way he's rebounded these past three games. If that's what he can provide all year, sign me up.

It's just crazy to me that it seems like every time someone even touches the ball when it is in his hands, the ball goes flying. It's just bizarre to see someone that strong that cannot possess the ball and go up strong. He does seem to be improving however, and if he can fill his role will only make us a better team.

When Coleman is in the front court is so much better. I love Lydon but DC2 is so much bigger and stronger ... he negates those big front court teams. aTm did so much less it seemed when DC2 was in there while Tyler was getting pushed around out of position. We have such a good front court made better by DC2's presence... and he is getting better by the game. I would rather see Tyler at the 4 where he can more easily move to the outside and pump those 3's. Go DC2!!!!

Only thing I take issue with DC is, that he seems to double pump or try to put some fancy spin on the ball when he should just go up strong. And tries to go up strong when he should double pump or hesitate.
I think you say what you mean except when you don't.

He got blocked one play against uconn, but its such a confidence builder to have that happen and keep trying to he gets some success. Huge.
Hes in full stride now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom