How are McC’s academics? | Syracusefan.com

How are McC’s academics?

nyucuse

2nd String
Hope (pray) for his sake and SU’s that they are in order. No one wants to see him get hurt. But in the long run, if he was truly hell-bent on leaving, this may actually serve him well. He just seemed to be a kid who would be out of the league in 2 years if he left after this year. Straight to the D-League and just not ready to contribute at the NBA level. This way, while it will undoubtedly be a setback in the near term, he will even if he doesn’t want to or realize yet, have the time to get stronger and work on his game, and be better for it in a year’s time.

I think back to Donte. Many like to bash him and his true ability, but I definitely think if he stayed another year, rounded out his game, he would have 1) been drafted much higher, and 2) been far more ready to contribute at the NBA level, which would in turn position him for that second contract. I see the same for Chris, and I don’t think Chris is nearly as ‘ready’ as Donte was when he left.

I think back to Donte. Many like to bash him and his true ability, but I definitely think if he stayed another year, rounded out his game, he would have 1) been drafted much higher, and 2) been far more ready to contribute at the NBA level, which would in turn position him for that second contract. I see the same for Chris, and I don’t think Chris is nearly as ‘ready’ as Donte was when he left.

Or Donte could have torn his ACL playing in college like Chris did and never got 4 years of NBA pay.

Is it in his interest medically, academically (or professionally) to be enrolled for this semester? Academically it would be tough negotiating the campus in Winter.

It's always kind of hilarious when people say "not in his best interest" because it always means "not in the team's best interest" in cases like Donte's. Donte's family may very well have needed the money. Therefore, it was in his best interest to take care of his family.

"Not in his best interest" is a selfish way to look at things when it's said by fans, because they never have any clue what they're actually talking about.

It's always kind of hilarious when people say "not in his best interest" because it always means "not in the team's best interest" in cases like Donte's. Donte's family may very well have needed the money. Therefore, it was in his best interest to take care of his family.

"Not in his best interest" is a selfish way to look at things when it's said by fans, because they never have any clue what they're actually talking about.

Disagree – you can splice phrases if you want but the gist is that long term, chances are he would have been far better prepared for the League after a further year of refining his skills. He would have been the man on a very good team (imagine that 08-09 team with Donte in place of KO), and would likely have been drafted quite a bit higher. Self serving as a fan? Sure, that team would have been one of the best offensive teams in the country, but equally in the players long term interest, in this particular case.

Disagree – you can splice phrases if you want but the gist is that long term, chances are he would have been far better prepared for the League after a further year of refining his skills. He would have been the man on a very good team (imagine that 08-09 team with Donte in place of KO), and would likely have been drafted quite a bit higher. Self serving as a fan? Sure, that team would have been one of the best offensive teams in the country, but equally in the players long term interest, in this particular case.
If he needed the money for his family right there, right then, then your entire argument goes out the window.

Is it in his interest medically, academically (or professionally) to be enrolled for this semester? Academically it would be tough negotiating the campus in Winter.

Pretty sure that the campus has to be negotiable to comply with ADA, I don't think Chris will have any problem getting to class if he wants to get there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom