how bad will attendance be | Syracusefan.com

how bad will attendance be

Against USF? 25K - 28K?

Homecoming, the first Saturday, and a 3:30 start. I would bet it would be in the Colgate/UL range. That said, do we need to do attendance threads each week? Obviously we have some work to do in that department. Winning consistently will eventually fix that.

Until then, it's going to remain an issue. As long as the people in the building do their part, as they did for Louisville, we will still have the chance to create some sort of home field advantage nonetheless.

Louisville put the nail into the coffin for attendance this season, unless there's some miracle and we're riding a 1996-level winning streak going into the Florida State game.

Louisville put the nail into the coffin for attendance this season, unless there's some miracle and we're riding a 1996-level winning streak going into the Florida State game.

Yup it sure did and to be honest outside of this board there really wasn't much in the way of buzz locally even before the game. I think if the Lville game had been on a Saturday the turnout would have been slightly better but as you said the performance pretty much doomed the casual fan attendance for the rest of this season. The great weather the first three weeks while awesome for tailgating is certainly not helping either.

I worry more about the product on the field than the people in the stands. The product on the field improves and the people will fill the stands.

ARE YOU GOING?? IF NO THEN ZIP IT AND SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE!!! ONLY PEOPLE WHO GO TO EVERY GAME ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE ANY TYPE OF COMMENT, OBSERVATION, OR QUESTION ABOUT ATTENDANCE!

*Not really, I'm just typing it before someone else does.

It's college football - you have to keep and cherish traditions.

It should be known as "Homecoming"

The schedule on cuse.com says Homecoming. So that's something.

Didn't they also change Parents Weekend to Family Weekend, or People With Some Connection To You That We Don't Want To Put A Label On Weekend?

Oddly, can't find Parents Weekend promoted on the schedule.

I think it's probably time to stop worrying about it. It's not going to be good, both in raw number, and TV optics. That just isn't changing.

The good news is that the people who still go are really loud.

You nailed it. Seems like we are down to the core group of diehards now but as long as they are loud, we can still have a really good atmosphere.

I'm surprised it took until Thursday for this thread to appear. should probably just pin an attendance thread at the top of the stack so folks have a spot to complain in.

You mean, Orange Central?

Yes, it is.

Of all the moronic #brand things we've ever done, changing the name of Homecoming to Orange Central might be the dumbest.
And that is saying something.

At Ithaca College a few years back they changed "Homecoming" to "Fall Splash". Worst idea they've had since trying to change the mascot to a flying squirrel.

The schedule on cuse.com says Homecoming. So that's something.

Didn't they also change Parents Weekend to Family Weekend, or People With Some Connection To You That We Don't Want To Put A Label On Weekend?

Oddly, can't find Parents Weekend promoted on the schedule.
In our politically correct world, "Parents Weekend" isn't inclusive enough for single parents, foster parents, same-sex parents, step parents, grand parents, non-married parents, etc. :mad:

images-5.jpg

Sheesh, I was just asking a question. This is way better than the weekly uniform threads when we've had the same unis for 3 years.

Here's my opinion on attendance. When I attend a sporting event and hear how poor the crowd was it does not inspire me to return. It does not make me feel appreciated for spending my hard earned money. If others don't want to spend their money on the same thing I do thats their decision. Rarely is my enjoyment of a sporting event or concert etc. lessened by the absence of others. In fact sometimes the presence of others is quite irritating (you know who you are;)). Sometimes the absence of others even increases my enjoyment, it almost always increase my comfort. But I do agree it would be nice for the team if the games stands were packed. Nice for the university because they'd make more money. The fans actually there? Eh, not so much imo. Celebrate those that are there, not those that aren't. LGO!

Sheesh, I was just asking a question. This is way better than the weekly uniform threads when we've had the same unis for 3 years.
I was just about to say that attendance threads are the new uniform threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom