How best to sell hard copy tickets to SU games in the Dome? | Syracusefan.com

How best to sell hard copy tickets to SU games in the Dome?

thebigeast44

Starter
I bought a season ticket this year but cannot attend a number of games. I'd like to sell my tickets to the games I cannot attend. I have hard copy tickets sent to me by the university.

I signed up for Stubhub. However, it does not appear a bar code option is available to sell tickets for instant download for SU games. It has an option to upload a PDF copy. But I do not have a PDF copy. If I used the manage account option at mycuse for season ticket holders, it appears I can print out my tickets if I desire. Would this option allows me to save a PDF that I could then upload to Stubhub? The other option is to mail the tickets but it's more expensive for buyers and unlikely to result in a sale.

The other option I'm considering is using the Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster that SU offers as an option to sell your tickets. That option does have a bar code option to place your tickets for sale so buyers have immediate access to them. But it appears I'd have to give my bank account information to Ticketmaster which I'm not comfortable doing. And I wonder how many people use that service when buying tickets as opposed to Stubhub? Has anyone used this service - thoughts?

I'd rather not use Craigslist or eBay unless folks have positive thoughts about doing so. I know some people have sold tickets to other members of this forum and I'm open to that possibility. I do see there is a transfer tickets to friends option on the mycuse website as well. So someone could pay by PayPal and then transfer the tickets to them.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Figure this thread could aid others in the same situation. Let's Go Orange!

Last edited:
I think people have luck on here selling tickets to games. Do you know in advance what games you'll be able to attend and not attend? I know a guy who wouldn't mind buying Duke tickets. :)

I think people have luck on here selling tickets to games. Do you know in advance what games you'll be able to attend and not attend? I know a guy who wouldn't mind buying Duke tickets. :)

Wish I could help you out there :) I'll definitely be attending that game along with North Carolina and Pittsburgh. I definitely won't be attending Clemson and Boston College. I'm open to selling all the rest as well. If they don't sell, I will try and get to the remainder of the games for various reasons: Miami - 1st ACC game in the Dome, Notre Dame - can't stand them so it's always fun to see them get beat, NC State - Saturday game with a bunch of folks I know going and Georgia Tech - Senior night and last game in the Dome for the season.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. My seat is in section 308. Just looking for face value. Let's Go Orange!

The UPS option for ticket sales on Stubhub is no big deal as far as ticket price is concerned to the customer. This is especially true for you if all you want is face value. Price it up 15% and you'll likely sell most if not all and break even in the bargain.

Sign on to your mycuse account at suathletics.com. Link is on the top right corner of the home page. Click on "Manage my tickets." Choose the game and seats you want to sell. Use the drop down and select "Print tickets." If using a Windows computer with Adobe Acrobat installed you should be able to select "Save to PDF" as a print option. Send me a 10% service fee. ;)

I bought a season ticket this year but cannot attend a number of games. I'd like to sell my tickets to the games I cannot attend. I have hard copy tickets sent to me by the university.

I signed up for Stubhub. However, it does not appear a bar code option is available to sell tickets for instant download for SU games. It has an option to upload a PDF copy. But I do not have a PDF copy. If I used the manage account option at mycuse for season ticket holders, it appears I can print out my tickets if I desire. Would this option allows me to save a PDF that I could then upload to Stubhub? The other option is to mail the tickets but it's more expensive for buyers and unlikely to result in a sale.

The other option I'm considering is using the Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster that SU offers as an option to sell your tickets. That option does have a bar code option to place your tickets for sale so buyers have immediate access to them. But it appears I'd have to give my bank account information to Ticketmaster which I'm not comfortable doing. And I wonder how many people use that service when buying tickets as opposed to Stubhub? Has anyone used this service - thoughts?

I'd rather not use Craigslist or eBay unless folks have positive thoughts about doing so. I know some people have sold tickets to other members of this forum and I'm open to that possibility. I do see there is a transfer tickets to friends option on the mycuse website as well. So someone could pay by PayPal and then transfer the tickets to them.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Figure this thread could aid others in the same situation. Let's Go Orange!

Sign on to your mycuse account at suathletics.com. Link is on the top right corner of the home page. Click on "Manage my tickets." Choose the game and seats you want to sell. Use the drop down and select "Print tickets." If using a Windows computer with Adobe Acrobat installed you should be able to select "Save to PDF" as a print option. Send me a 10% service fee. ;)
That is a great option, but you can also sign into your mycuse account, go to the game you want to transfer in the My Upcoming Events list (first thing I see when I sign in) and select the Transfer to a Friend action...

What kind of options does the "mycuse" path have regards to pricing the tickets? Are all holders of physical season tickets eligible to sell them that way?

Also, I have no interest in selling my Duke tickets at "face value" LOL.

-Mike

Far as I can tell, all holders are eligible to sell them this way. You can also transfer tickets to a friend or to someone who buys them or print out tickets or save to a PDF for upload to Stubhub for instance. mycuse takes you to the Syracuse Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster. And you get this:

There are three ways to price your tickets.
Fixed Price. Name your price. It won't change until you say so.

Decrease the price daily to improve my chances. Tell us your starting and minimum prices. We will decrease the price in daily increments for you.

Market Price. Set an initial price and we will adjust your price daily to the average price for tickets in the same section. If tickets aren't already listed in your section, your tickets will be listed at the initial price.
More Info
Previously Sold Tickets
SectionPosting PriceDate
308$39.0012/06/2013
308$39.0012/21/2013
308$44.0012/09/2013
308$58.0012/16/2013
305$62.0001/02/2014
Show seat map >>
Please Note:
  • You cannot set the price per ticket less than $39.00.
  • Your payment will be equal to the total posting price minus our 10% commission.
  • All payments will be made in U.S. Dollars (USD).
  • Ticketmaster, the official resale partner of the Official Ticket Exchange of Syracuse Orange, manages several different resale marketplaces on behalf of its partners. After posting your tickets, you may notice that list prices vary across those different sites. For instance, if your tickets appear on Ticketmaster.com's latest resale platform, TM+, the listing price will be higher than the list price on the league resale site. This is simply because the price displayed on TM+ presents all buyer and seller fees up front. Learn about TM+. But please know that your final payout will be the exact same, regardless of where the ticket sells. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact our customer care center at 1-800-842-7112.

What kind of options does the "mycuse" path have regards to pricing the tickets? Are all holders of physical season tickets eligible to sell them that way?

-Mike

Mike, I don't think the mycuse transfer tickets to a friend option involves money at all. If you want to use it, I would think you would arrange a price with someone beforehand, get paid, and once you were paid, process the transfer transaction.

The 'friend' would then get an email with a link allowing them to print the ticket or tickets sold.

It can be done without even meeting the other party face to face (if you use PayPal to process the payment). And using this method, there are no fees to pay to StubHub or (I assume) Ticketmaster.

OK, a week or so ago I tried this method and was "thwarted at the moat" by some obtuse error message stating that my tickets were not eligible. I wrote the Dome folks and they replied a few days later that they had fixed it. I had forgotten (sigh) that I had taken it that far and found SU's response in my inbox so I just tried again. Now I see the info presented by bigeast44 and tomcat. Thanks! It seems to make sense now.

Mike, I don't think the mycuse transfer tickets to a friend option involves money at all. If you want to use it, I would think you would arrange a price with someone beforehand, get paid, and once you were paid, process the transfer transaction.

The 'friend' would then get an email with a link allowing them to print the ticket or tickets sold.

It can be done without even meeting the other party face to face (if you use PayPal to process the payment). And using this method, there are no fees to pay to StubHub or (I assume) Ticketmaster.

That's exactly how the transfer to a friend option works. Previously there was a nominal fee per ticket that you could pay or the recipient could pay (less than $2.oo/ticket I believe) but it appears as if that has been waived this year. And as an added bonus, if you don't have an available friend to transfer too I've got an ever growing list! :)

Just spoke to the Dome box office to go over the three options. The rep agreed that Stubhub gets more views but feels the Syracuse Ticket Exchange is more secure. He said they occasionally have some problems with Stubhub but then again that's to be expected with more traffic. As sutomcat said above, the transfer to friends option involves no money transfer, save for you getting the money from the buyer via PayPal or other means. Once they get the link, they can then print the tickets etc. The rep said they have to establish a mycuse account themselves when doing so.

The 2nd option is to sell via the Syracuse Ticket Exchange and appears to be straightforward. Only concern for me as I stated in my original note, is the fact that you have to give TM your bank account information for them to make a direct deposit. I wish they did it like Stubhub and gave you an option to be paid by check. Or by PayPal etc. And I wish SU had an agreement with Stubhub to use the bar code option of inputting your hard copy ticket into their system. It comes up automatically when using the Syracuse Ticket Exchange.

Since SU does not have that agreement (because they use TM for their ticket sales), you have to use the 3rd option on the mycuse site, print a ticket. You can save the ticket to a PDF as stated above and then upload that ticket to Stubhub. Once you have printed the ticket or saved to a PDF, your hard copy ticket is no longer valid. So if you end up not selling your ticket and go to the game, remember to print out the ticket as your hard copy will no longer be valid.

I plan to try the print ticket and save to PDF option and upload to Stubhub for one of the games I know I will not be able to make. I'll report back how it worked.

Once you have printed the ticket or saved to a PDF, your hard copy ticket is no longer valid. So if you end up not selling your ticket and go to the game, remember to print out the ticket as your hard copy will no longer be valid.
That's not exactly true. If you simply print your ticket it will have the same barcodes as your hard copy tickets.

Only if you have it reissue your tickets (in case they are lost or stolen) will it generate new ticket numbers.

They used to charge $1.95 per ticket to transfer or print your tickets. The disappearance of the fees this year was a welcome change.

The tickets printed by MyCuse do show the ticket owner's name on the ticket. It'd be nice if that wasn't the case.

I've donated tickets to Big Brothers Big Sisters & sold to board members via MyCuse as well as sold tickets on StubHub (via paper tickets and now via downloadable PDF tickets).

That's not exactly true. If you simply print your ticket it will have the same barcodes as your hard copy tickets.

Only if you have it reissue your tickets (in case they are lost or stolen) will it generate new ticket numbers.

They used to charge $1.95 per ticket to transfer or print your tickets. The disappearance of the fees this year was a welcome change.

The tickets printed by MyCuse do show the ticket owner's name on the ticket. It'd be nice if that wasn't the case.

I've donated tickets to Big Brothers Big Sisters & sold to board members via MyCuse as well as sold tickets on StubHub (via paper tickets and now via downloadable PDF tickets).

Thanks for the clarification Moontan - I was just going from the information given me by the rep on the phone. There is a box to check when printing tickets if you're doing so if they were lost. Here's the verbiage from the website: Reprinting tickets? Check this box if you wish to generate new barcodes for tickets which were never received, misplaced or stolen. Your previously printed or issued tickets will no longer be valid.

I just used stub hub for the first time for the Villanova game. I used the UPS option because it said the only way you can do PDF, is if your ticket originated as a PDF.

It went very well, you just print the ups label from your email and drop them at ups. Buyer pays.

Got a fair, but certainly more than face value for them.

I just used stub hub for the first time for the Villanova game. I used the UPS option because it said the only way you can do PDF, is if your ticket originated as a PDF.

It went very well, you just print the ups label from your email and drop them at ups. Buyer pays.

Got a fair, but certainly more than face value for them.

Here's the PDF information from Stubhub. It does appear you can use the PDF option even if you have a hard copy ticket. Because by using the print option in mycuse, you can save to PDF - which would then be transferred as an original PDF file. That's what I believe they are talking about - not that your ticket had to be originally issued as a PDF. I just called Stubhub and confirmed that with a rep.

For most events on StubHub, you'll deliver tickets to buyers electronically by uploading your tickets (PDF files only). A PDF is a type of file commonly used for e-tickets. If your tickets are in PDF format, '.pdf' will be appended to the file name. For example: ticket1.pdf

To upload PDF files, your tickets must have originated as PDF files or been converted directly from HTML format. You cannot create your own PDF files from scans, photos, or copies of paper tickets or ticket printouts. Read about how to convert tickets from HTML to PDF format.

You may upload your tickets at the time you list them for sale, making them available to buyers for Instant Download. Just follow the on-screen steps to upload your tickets. Otherwise, you¿ll upload them after they sell.

Before you upload your files:

• To save time, you can save the PDF tickets to your computer's desktop so they are easy to locate.
  • Open the files and verify that you're uploading the correct tickets for the order.
  • Make sure you have all the files containing all the tickets for the order.

Note: If you get an error message while uploading your PDF files, please check that you have selected the correct file and try again. If you continue to have problems, please contact us and we'll help you out.

What if my PDF file contains some tickets I don't want to sell?
If you have a PDF file that contains several tickets, and you only want to sell some of them, we'll help you divide up the tickets in your file so that you only list (and deliver) the ones you want to sell. To learn about how this works, read about using the PDF splitter.

What happens next?
If you listed your tickets for Instant Download - meaning you uploaded the tickets when you listed them for sale - we'll deliver them to the buyer immediately upon purchase and send you an email with payment information. Otherwise, when your tickets sell, we'll send you an email instructing you to upload the tickets as soon as possible.

Important: After you upload your tickets, you'll still have copies of them on your computer. Hold onto them. If an event is cancelled, you may need your copies to receive a refund from the venue. But remember, once the buyer receives the tickets, they are no longer yours to use or sell.

-Mike

I look forward to the sob stories on Duke week begging for face value tickets.

I just uploaded a ticket to Clemson as a PDF to Stubhub after using the print option in mycuse and saved as a PDF. It went smoothly and was easy to understand and follow the instructions.

One advantage of using Stubhub over the Syracuse Ticket Exchange is you can name your own price. On the Ticket Exchange, you can't go below a set minimum for the game - $39 for the Clemson game. And the Clemson game has been selling for below face value on Stubhub. Two other advantages for Stubhub is you can be paid by check and more people will see your listing. One advantage for the Ticket Exchange is they charge a 10% commission vs 15% for Stubhub.

The Ticket Exchange says you can be paid by check in its FAQ. However, the website only has a direct deposit option. I talked to a rep at Ticketmaster and they said they are trying to get away from sending checks. She said you could try and put all zeros in for Direct Deposit information - then they would have no other option but to pay you by check. I went ahead and posted my ticket to Boston College to try the service out. I may have to remove it to sell it for a lower price on Stubhub later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom