How bout a little love for Austin Wilson? | Syracusefan.com

How bout a little love for Austin Wilson?

Crusty

Living Legend
With all the hoopla around ZA I don;t think we should ignore AW. This kid can play and it is far from a foregone conclusion that he won't wind up #1. I am glad we have him and am looking forward to having some classy frosh QBs compete to see who gets the glory for restoring the pride. Welcome aboard mate - look forward to seeing you play.

With all the hoopla around ZA I don;t think we should ignore AW. This kid can play and it is far from a foregone conclusion that he won't wind up #1. I am glad we have him and am looking forward to having some classy frosh QBs compete to see who gets the glory for restoring the pride. Welcome aboard mate - look forward to seeing you play.

Couldn't agree more. I think having Hunt, Allen and Wilson to compete against one another is going to be the dominant factor in shoring up a position that has been problematic for a long time. And that's not to take away from some of the great things that Ryan has done here. If we can get a mobile QB that is accurate at short, medium and long passes, it will be the first time we've had that here since the late 90s (to read: McNabb).

I hope Wilson is even more of a stud than I think Allen will be! Marrone wanted him for a reason and I'm pretty sure that reason had merits.. Can't wait to get this kid on campus and in a blue uni and orange helmet.

His tape was impressive, as was Zach's. Competition is a good thing. It would be awesome if both QBs will be arriving for the spring semester. That will make spring football a lot more interesting than normal.

His tape was impressive, as was Zach's. Competition is a good thing. It would be awesome if both QBs will be arriving for the spring semester. That will make spring football a lot more interesting than normal.

yes it will.

I'm glad to see we are bringing in two kids that will be able to push each other and the other QB's on the team for the next 4-5. Also I'm looking forward to seeing Austin Wilson play in person this season, he has a few games that are close to where I live. I'll be more then happy to pass along my thoughts afterwords.

I'm glad to see we are bringing in two kids that will be able to push each other and the other QB's on the team for the next 4-5. Also I'm looking forward to seeing Austin Wilson play in person this season, he has a few games that are close to where I live. I'll be more then happy to pass along my thoughts afterwords.
Neat - thanks.

I think we are in very good position of having the two kids coming in and competing right away. As it has been mentioned, it would only make for them to get the best out of their potential and four the team to rally around that. Competition is very good and contagious so I know things will only look up from this point forth.

I for one am extremely excited the staff has been able to identify talent so early and that on top these two seem to be great kids.

BIG SHOUTOUT TO THE STAFF AND KEEP 'EM COMING.

MR. Wilson the Orange family is so very static you have you i the fold. The best is yet to come!!!...hard work would only expedite your success.!!!

GO 'CUSE!!!!!

I'm happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Zach Allen is one of the greatest QB's of all-time.

We have 2 great QB recruits... lots of love to go around for both.

Its not a situation in any way that Zach Allen will be the starting QB next year. If Wilson comes and grabs the job,fine with everyone. it might be a surprise but hay who ever gets the job done bestis my guy. Give him a quality line and the already done deal unit of RBs.

Couldn't agree more. I think having Hunt, Allen and Wilson to compete against one another is going to be the dominant factor in shoring up a position that has been problematic for a long time. And that's not to take away from some of the great things that Ryan has done here. If we can get a mobile QB that is accurate at short, medium and long passes, it will be the first time we've had that here since the late 90s (to read: McNabb).

do you really think nassib is a bad q.b...? I don't

I think most on this board appreciate Nassib's talent but his weaknesses can't be ignored. He simply is inaccurate on long passes. Defensive coordinators have consistently been able to take away our strengths because we can't stretch the field. I think part of the problem has been our rather limited and predictable offensive scheme but at the end of the day it is hard to put too much blame on the O scheme when we give up half the field.

We now pass much more than in the past (witness Nassib's stats) but we didn't put points on the board (24.2 for 84th place). If Nassib improves his long passing game we will be a much better team but if that does not change neither will the results. Nassib is a great kid with lots of grit and I pull for him and hope he ramps up his long game this year.

Back in early June, Wilson said he was going to talk to his guidance counselor about the possibility of graduating early. “I’ve been talking with my athletic director and counselor about seeing if I can do that or not, based on credits. Right now I’m weighing my options.”

Has anyone followed up on that statement? If not maybe someone could.

Link

I think most on this board appreciate Nassib's talent but his weaknesses can't be ignored. He simply is inaccurate on long passes. Defensive coordinators have consistently been able to take away our strengths because we can't stretch the field. I think part of the problem has been our rather limited and predictable offensive scheme but at the end of the day it is hard to put too much blame on the O scheme when we give up half the field.

We now pass much more than in the past (witness Nassib's stats) but we didn't put points on the board (24.2 for 84th place). If Nassib improves his long passing game we will be a much better team but if that does not change neither will the results. Nassib is a great kid with lots of grit and I pull for him and hope he ramps up his long game this year.

If he ever figured out the long range passing game he could do some damage ... I concur.

Yeah wouldn't it be nice to have the problem Coach P had during #5's RSFr season? Three excellent QBs to chose from. I just hope this year we win a few games comfortably and HCDM can get our 2nd and 3rd stringers some game action.

do you really think nassib is a bad q.b...? I don't

I think Nassib is very good and we should be thankful we have him this year. He is not as versatile as some of the younger, unproven QBs seem to be at this stage of their careers.

Say what you will, but IMO Nassib is the best QB to come through the program in the post-McNabb era. Before this season is over he will own most SU passing records.

Probably correct but the next QB will be the best since McNabb and the winningest.