How 'Bout Some Justin Taylor Love? | Syracusefan.com

How 'Bout Some Justin Taylor Love?

Most important player. He seems poised to be the offensive focal, taking the pressure off the PGs. I say feed him every possession
I’m a huge Taylor fan but I kindly disagree. On a team with the playmaking abilities of both JJ and Judah, Taylor should not in any way be the focal point of the offense.

He could be (and I am hopeful he is) a GREAT complementary/shooter/dirty work piece, but the offense absolutely should not be run through him in any way, imo.

I’m a huge Taylor fan but I kindly disagree. On a team with the playmaking abilities of both JJ and Judah, Taylor should not in any way be the focal point of the offense.

He could be (and I am hopeful he is) a GREAT complementary/shooter/dirty work piece, but the offense absolutely should not be run through him in any way, imo.
It'll be about matchups, game to game. It always is. And JT can pose problems for opponents

He's continuing to show flashes of shot-making but I do not trust him for consistent offense and we need to see him continue to develop his ability to put it on the floor.

I think both he and Bell can be solid contributors but I really don't want to start them or even play them both together for extended stretches. I would start Copeland at 3 and possibly Taylor at the 4 but seems like Benny has that spot when he's back.

I just think Copeland is a much more dynamic offensive player and I'd prefer him in the starting lineup over both Taylor and Bell

He's continuing to show flashes of shot-making but I do not trust him for consistent offense and we need to see him continue to develop his ability to put it on the floor.

I think both he and Bell can be solid contributors but I really don't want to start them or even play them both together for extended stretches. I would start Copeland at 3 and possibly Taylor at the 4 but seems like Benny has that spot when he's back.

I just think Copeland is a much more dynamic offensive player and I'd prefer him in the starting lineup over both Taylor and Bell
Copeland can't shoot

I thought he righted the ship against UNH during a shaky stretch in the second half.

His defense may be a question, but he’s a good offensive player.

I thought he righted the ship against UNH during a shaky stretch in the second half.

Huh. I think although the team still has a way to go to be good defensively, JT has been doing a pretty decent job. So far my favorite players on the team are JJ, Cuffe, Copeland, JT, McLeod. Judah may have the most talent, but he hasn't shown it yet.

Copeland is not even close to Taylor. He has half the offensive skills and goes to sleep on defense. I just don’t see the love fest for him. He’s average at best. You don’t need to guard him. Taylor’s decision making is leaps and bounds better than Copeland. Copeland can have a role, but not a big role. He may have no role when Westry comes back.

Solid player who is quickly becoming my favorite. I had posted that I expected him to have a good year, and he had certainty elevated his game from last year. Red obviously sees it too.

After two games, he is tied for #2 scorer, 2nd in rpg, 3rd in assists, 3rd in steals, best 3 pt shooter, and best shooting percentage after the bigs. He is a decent defender and doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. They all make some mistakes and he does too, but not a lot. Not flashy and doesn’t try to wow you or play beyond himself. Steady guy.

Copeland is not even close to Taylor. He has half the offensive skills and goes to sleep on defense. I just don’t see the love fest for him. He’s average at best. You don’t need to guard him. Taylor’s decision making is leaps and bounds better than Copeland. Copeland can have a role, but not a big role. He may have no role when Westry comes back.
Cope is already far more capable off the dribble. That's why I like him

Cope is already far more capable off the dribble. That's why I like him
Love Copeland but no. Your assessment of Taylor vs. Quadir is way off.

Justin Taylor was recruited as a shooting guard... Last year JB played him as a small forward because that's where we needed help.

He really has no business even guarding small school power forwards in the post.

I give him a ton of credit for his defense.

I really hope Brown, Carey, Williams and Hima are healthy enough and effective enough to keep Taylor playing small forward most of the time.

Justin Taylor was recruited as a shooting guard... Last year JB played him as a small forward because that's where we needed help.

He really has no business even guarding small school power forwards in the post.

I really hope Brown, Carey, Williams and Hima are healthy enough and effective enough to keep Taylor playing small forward most of the time.
He was recruited as a 2 but at 6’6” 218 lbs he has grown into the body of a 3. We have had lots of 3’s that size and even a little lighter in the past.

I think that once Benny returns, he and Maliq will be our resident 4’s and JT will play exclusively at the 3.

Syracuse was the only school that recruited him as a shooting guard. Indiana and UNC wanted him to play forward. That's what he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom