How 'Bout Some Justin Taylor Love? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How 'Bout Some Justin Taylor Love?

Taylor and Brown will never be the focal point of an offense here. But they are the role players and complimentary players that you NEED for players like Mintz and Starling. You don’t win championships without guys like Taylor and Brown. They are both very good at their roles and I expect good seasons from them both. I think Taylor, Brown, McLeod and Benny are perfect complimentary players for Judah and JJ. When Judah and JJ need a rest we have Copeland and Cuffe who can attack the basket as well, just not to the level as Judah and JJ. I’m telling ya, this team has the pieces to do some big things. It’s just going to rely on a first year coach putting it all together, players buying in, more focus and need more energy/fire from this team than the first 2 games.

Solid player who is quickly becoming my favorite. I had posted that I expected him to have a good year, and he had certainty elevated his game from last year. Red obviously sees it too.

After two games, he is tied for #2 scorer, 2nd in rpg, 3rd in assists, 3rd in steals, best 3 pt shooter, and best shooting percentage after the bigs. He is a decent defender and doesn’t make a lot of mistakes. They all make some mistakes and he does too, but not a lot. Not flashy and doesn’t try to wow you or play beyond himself. Steady guy.
I really think outside of his shooting and him attacking the rim a lil sumptin sumptin. I really enjoyed him receiving the entry pass at the free through line. Perfect player for doing that. He's a real shoot, drive or kick threat.

Taylor and Brown will never be the focal point of an offense here. But they are the role players and complimentary players that you NEED for players like Mintz and Starling. You don’t win championships without guys like Taylor and Brown. They are both very good at their roles and I expect good seasons from them both. I think Taylor, Brown, McLeod and Benny are perfect complimentary players for Judah and JJ. When Judah and JJ need a rest we have Copeland and Cuffe who can attack the basket as well, just not to the level as Judah and JJ. I’m telling ya, this team has the pieces to do some big things. It’s just going to rely on a first year coach putting it all together, players buying in, more focus and need more energy/fire from this team than the first 2 games.
Taylor and Brown are my 2 favorite players on the team.

If I'm not mistaken, he didn't see the floor last night. Has there been discussion about that somewhere I missed?

Didn't see a discussion but was definitely bummed.

There is no way JT shouldn’t be the starter if it’s between him and Bell when Benny comes back. I’m not trashing Bell, when he is shooting well, it’s fun to watch, he’s just so inconsistent defensively and on the boards. JT can shoot it, he may not be a great defender/rebounder but he’s more consistent then Bell so far. Of course there will be games when Bell gets going and things could change but as of next game if Benny is back, JT should be starting over Bell.

Also, his drive where he was 6 feet from the bucket, got defended very well, and tossed up the weak airball wasn’t ideal.

Love him as an all around garbage man sucking up all the tough boards and defending all over the place, but his mind goes to fast when he has the ball.

He‘s going to relax eventually and will be good all over. But he might be 30 before that happens.
Our starting guards do that, often.

He’s gotta move more without the ball like Cooney. He has a lot more to offer this offense. Has done great rebounding.

I keep saying this - he needs to help himself get shots.

His skills positioning himself for scoring chances need a lot of work.
And maybe hit some of those shots. His percentages leave a lot to be desired. 33% FG and 32% from 3-pt range needs some work also even though it is early on.

I'd say his form is good, he just releases it from a really high point a little off centered imo, and for his size has decent lift. It's a hard shot to contest by defenders. Bell is much more of set shooter with a lower release point. And JJ... Tyus-like hitch. Not sure what is going on with that shot.
His form as a standstill shooter is different to me than his on the move shot. When he sets his feet the ball is in front of his eyes and rises naturally. When he is on the move it’s almost behind his head at times

I would screen for him all over the front court - help him get shots.
He hesitates to pull the trigger on his shot. It happened a lot in the LSU games and in Maui. Can he not get his shot off quickly enough? He needs to work to develop a faster release and also a good shot fake. Joe got really good at shot faking and then allowing his defender to fly past him.

The backcourt's shaky outside shooting ability (putting it mildly for JJ) is going to be an issue come ACC time when there's tape to scout - Taylor will become even more invaluable to this team.

We've seen Bell have flashes of explosiveness, but his general lack of enthusiasm on the defensive end and for the team itself is jarring.
Bell is improving overall and when his shot is on he is deadly. He needs to keep his head in the game when he is out there, he tends to drift, especially after making a shot.

Bell is improving overall and when his shot is on he is deadly. He needs to keep his head in the game when he is out there, he tends to drift, especially after making a shot.
Could not agree more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom