How did you get thumped by Georgetown? | Syracusefan.com

How did you get thumped by Georgetown?

NiceHoosier

Walk On
My only criticism of Crean was that we didn't stick longer with a zone against you guys. I thought it would have been better against your guards than our man to man.

What happened against Georgetown? Did they zone you and you couldn't beat it from the outside? I know they have great length and that Otto Porter was dominant, but after watching your performance last night, I'm stunned that you got beaten so soundly.

Again, much credit for the win last night.

Otto Porter is engineered to be a zone buster at the foul line. We finally slowed him down in the Big East tourney.

EDIT: Yes, they zoned us. Our shooting has been inconsistent all year (besides Fair), so they dared us to make shots, and we couldn't.

My only criticism of Crean was that we didn't stick longer with a zone against you guys. I thought it would have been better against your guards than our man to man.

What happened against Georgetown? Did they zone you and you couldn't beat it from the outside?

We lost to georgetown because our offense was a disaster. We only gave up 61 points in DC when we got beat. We righted the ship in NYC at the BE tourney.

Porter couldn't miss. Literally every shot he took he made. Triche had his worst game of his 4 year career. Literally his worst. MCW was something miserable like 2-11 also.

We couldn't hit a shot. We had some open looks, we just missed.

On the other side it's our zone. It's been pretty good all year but against teams that have seen it before it's not quite as lethal as those who haven't. That said, we only gave up 61 points so it was all poor shooting. The zone is great if you're playing with a lead but cannot force tempo for quick buckets if we're playing from behind.

I thought Cream made a mistake putting Oladipo on Southerland instead of MCW to start the game. His biggest problem was that Hulls was not capable of guarding anyone on SU.

I thought Cream made a mistake putting Oladipo on Southerland instead of MCW to start the game. His biggest problem was that Hulls was not capable of guarding anyone on SU.

Shocked that he didnt put him on him. Farrell and Hulls should not have played in the second half. Total mismatch.

This is the biggest problem with playing man defense. One bad matchup can end your season at tournament time. Happened to us against Minnesota many years ago, when we used to play mostly man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom