How Dino Got His Groove Back | Syracusefan.com

How Dino Got His Groove Back

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
When Dino gave the order to go for it inside their own end, I think it was around the 40, that was the turning point for Dino, the season and the program. I was like, alright Dino, way to push the action. He's got the offense that can score fast, might as well play loose.

When Dino gave the order to go for it inside their own end, I think it was around the 40, that was the turning point for Dino, the season and the program. I was like, alright Dino, way to push the action. He's got the offense that can score fast, might as well play loose.
I was totally fine with that call. I felt like we were better than the score indicated at the moment and he needed to send a message to his team.

Let’s not say he got his “groove” back just yet…. We all saw how that first half ended…

However, I think Dino took A LOT and I mean A LOT of heat off himself

Beat BC this weekend and he’s off the hot seat totally for the rest of this season

I think Dino's at his best when he has a QB he trusts...
Dino's offense puts A LOT of pressure on the QB position. A lot. There are so many reads that need to be made, both pre-snap and post-snap, and making the wrong read at any step in the process can cause a play to break down. When it works, it works well...but it requires a QB that can either 1) make all the right reads or 2) improvise something positive if it breaks down.

I've never been one to criticize players because even the worst of them are far better than I ever was at the game, and I wish Tommy all the success in the world both in football and in life, but I'm not sure he was ever exceptional at either of those two things. Shrader is getting better at 1, and has the ability to fall back on 2 if needed.

I hated that call tbh but I’m glad it worked. I do think this latest win, a conference game on the road is our turning point.

Completely agree, he remembered who he was it seems.

I think Dino's at his best when he has a QB he trusts...

did he really get his groove back? I mean the players are the ones on the field and the players overcame and bailed out his crappy in decision game management decisions

Let’s not say he got his “groove” back just yet…. We all saw how that first half ended…

However, I think Dino took A LOT and I mean A LOT of heat off himself

Beat BC this weekend and he’s off the hot seat totally for the rest of this season
I still think he needs to make a bowl for it to go away...but he is definitely moving in the right direction. He needs to burn the heck out of that clock management book though.

This is when Fball is fun. Late Oct, early Nov and the team is jelling and playing for something. Would love a solid big boy (no drama) win over BC. Kind of a statement game on how far we've come since that stupid Rutgers game.
Mojo baby!
LFGO!

The helicopter hovering over his head disappeared and suddenly it was no longer dark and cloudy in Dino land

Completely agree, he remembered who he was it seems.
When he did it, it was decisive, "go for it", I liked it. He should go for it all the time, the offense can put up points and the defense is not really a shut down unit. Way better than Ward's defenses and probably good enough for scoring duels.

Last edited:
I thought you were going to say Dino spent the week leading up to the game with Taye Diggs.

I thought you were going to say Dino spent the week leading up to the game with Taye Diggs.
taye.jpg
Is this what your thinking Bill?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom