How do we average 65 ppg? | Syracusefan.com

How do we average 65 ppg?

Alsacs

Living Legend
We have 8 bodies that will play. Kaleb Joseph, Trevor Cooney, Michael Gbinije, Ron Patterson, B.J. Johnson, Tyler Roberson, Chris McCollough, Rakeem Christmas.

My reasonable expectations
Christmas- 10-12 ppg
Cooney- 10-14 ppg
McCollough - 8-12 ppg
Joseph 8-10 ppg
Gbinije- 8-10 ppg
Patterson 4-6 ppg
Johnson 4-8 ppg
Roberson 4-7 ppg

Taking the high end is 79 ppg and low end is 56 ppg.

Taking the median average 67,5 ppg

Would you take the over/under 65 ppg?

Rak - 10 ppg
McCullough - 14
Roberson - 6
Cooney - 13
Joseph - 8
Gbinije - 11
BJ - 3
Patterson - 3
TOTAL = 68 ppg

In conference games I'd take the under.

Offensive stars need to be Silent G and CMac. Rak and Cooney are too limited to be primary options.

Over, provided a couple of things fall into place. Otherwise...

Gbinije can't be our only bench scorer.

Cooney has to hit 35%+ (ha!)

We need to better hit the glass and score off those chances

Have to shoot better than 56% from the FT line

I just don't think people are giving Cal enough credit for what happened last night. Yes I know SU has many problems but I really think Cal is that team that is underrated and ends up being in the top 10.

It's pretty simple. Make shots. We didn't do it last year and last night looked like last year too.

It's pretty simple. Make shots. We didn't do it last year and last night looked like last year too.

There's some validity to this. We're not a great shooting team, but there's no reason why we can't be a better performing offensive team with better execution. Can the one-on-one garbage and play like a team. Make the extra pass. Crash the boards harder. Don't force. Be more patient. Move the ball if a shot isn't there, because once the team starts doing that, the next time you're open the ball will come back to you.

Better execution.

I just don't think people are giving Cal enough credit for what happened last night. Yes I know SU has many problems but I really think Cal is that team that is underrated and ends up being in the top 10.
Maybe. But IMO Cal is not anywhere near as good as Duke, UNC, Louisville, or UVA -- or Villanova and Michigan. That's a lot of games where it can get ugly.