How funny (and awesome) if we don't end up hiring Ash in the end? | Syracusefan.com

How funny (and awesome) if we don't end up hiring Ash in the end?

He's waiting to interview Babers after the Mac championship. Also Phil M. These are the #1 & #2 targets as both run variations of Baylors offense.

EDIT - been corrected, don't know if they are #1 or #2 but they are scheduled to be interviewed.

People let this all play out. Frost, Ash etc are smoke screens.

Last edited:
He's waiting to interview Babers after the Mac championship. Also Phil M. These are the #1 & #2 targets as both run variations of Baylors offense.

Is this wishful thinking or inside info? Please say B

Last edited:
chakka3421 said:
He's waiting to interview Babers after the Mac championship. Also Phil M. These are the #1 & #2 targets as both run variations of Baylors offense. People let this all play out. Frost, Ash etc are smoke screens.

Please let this be the case. I'll be either of those guys butlers if it means not hiring some factory DC.

And the announcement tomorrow?

Ash announced tomorrow? Really? Why? All the interviews aren't done yet and Ash ain't going anywhere soon. No reason at all to announce tomorrow unless we are already in desperation mode and that isn't the case at all (except from a fan perspective).

I actually shouldn't have stated Frost was a smokescreen but as I understand it there was a heart to heart about the job and what's needed from a commitment and time perspective to get the job done. Don't think it was about money at all.

reverse-1306866467_jumping_out_the_window.gif

Really? I respect your opinion but he's running one of the most dynamic offensives in the MAC with lesser talent! Sounds perfect for Syracuse. Exactly what Briles did at Baylor!

Babers checks a lot of boxes but his staff will be just as important as him, specifically for recruiting and DC.

He won at Maryland and Purdue this year with MAC talent. What makes you think he can't get better talent at SU-Keep Acosta and Lester and bring in a good recruiter, too.

I wonder if Acosta, or any other coach would stay after that 1 minute firing meeting Coyle had for the assistants. Your Fired, clean out your offices and turn in your keys by Monday.

I hope this draws out. I'm enjoying these meltdown threads immensely.
Are you kidding? I'm begging for Ash to be hired officially soon. That apparently would be the ultimate meltdown and I would sit down with popcorn.

I wonder if Acosta, or any other coach would stay after that 1 minute firing meeting Coyle had for the assistants. Your Fired, clean out your offices and turn in your keys by Monday.

Didn't he start following Frost recently? That would tell you something.

I'm not sold on Babers. His recruiting numbers are horrible. He might get away with it in the MAC, but not in the ACC.

Do you think we would beat Bowling Green this year? We were 4-8 this year and still had 2 wins in the ACC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom