How much does Ohio St pay the refs? | Syracusefan.com

How much does Ohio St pay the refs?

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Another BS charging call that wipes out a late basket by ISU and a potential 3 pt play for a 4 pt lead. Just like the call on Triche last year. Craft moved under after the ISU player was airborne, line or no line. Seems every year OSU gets an incorrect call in their favor.

I pounded the money line on ISU I am sick to my stomach. I hate Ohio St they have no business stealing these games. Why do the refs like them their fans only care about football?

What else did we really expect from a defacto home game for Ohio State? The five shoo-ins of this Sweet Sixteen were Louisville, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State. All had home games. If this game had been played at a truly neutral court, ISU gets enough calls to win. I really detest the BiG. ISU was the better team today.

It's too bad Ohio State gets these rigged games. Makes me not want to watch college basketball.

It does make you wonder what it must be like to be a fan of one of these charmed teams like Kansas, Duke, Ohio State, etc where you just know that if the game is even within 2 or 3 possessions, you are golden because the refs will handle it for you.

I pounded the money line on ISU I am sick to my stomach. I hate Ohio St they have no business stealing these games. Why do the refs like them their fans only care about football?

Their fans are also the worst people in all of sports.

A little less than Kansas.

Well, maybe besides those crappy Michigan fans.

Michigan fans are just arrogant. And unlike OSU they have respectable academics (like us compared to WVA or Uconn.)

OSU are worse. Far dumber and feel entitled to win national championships every year.

Michigan fans are just arrogant. And unlike OSU they have respectable academics (like us compared to WVA or Uconn.)

OSU are worse. Far dumber and feel entitled to win national championships every year.

Interesting thing about Michigan is that usually their top players are Ohio kids. If they ever relied on the home state brand of football they would be in trouble.

watching the replay.. thomas fouls him before craft got him- also its not just about the restricted arc.. the offensive player went into shooting motion before craft came into the picture...

Interesting thing about Michigan is that usually their top players are Ohio kids. If they ever relied on the home state brand of football they would be in trouble.

But instead those kids get the hell out of Ohio.

So...to answer the OP's question, about as much as Indiana does!

I was listening to this game on the radio while I was working. During the last minute or so, the announcer said, "That the physicality is ruining the college game, Craft is all over this kid pushing and grabbing - and I love Craft as a player - but these should be whistled ..."

How can you love a player whose claim to fame is stifling defense but at the same time think that he gets away with too many fouls? You don't think that maybe one is related to the other?

Granted, that three he made was ice water and giant brass balls, but fer crissakes, he should foul out by halftime.

watching the replay.. thomas fouls him before craft got him- also its not just about the restricted arc.. the offensive player went into shooting motion before craft came into the picture...

I agree 100% with this. If there was a foul, it came on Thomas [not Craft], and occurred before the charge. ISU probably should have been awarded the basket and gone to the line, but oh well.

I agree 100% with this. If there was a foul, it came on Thomas [not Craft], and occurred before the charge. ISU probably should have been awarded the basket and gone to the line, but oh well.
If there was a foul? I didn't see what Thomas did, so don't know if he fouled him or not - but Craft absolutely slid in under the ISU player after he had already left his feet - which is definitely a foul. OSU alum Kellogg is focusing on whether or not his stupid heel is touching the line - while ignoring the fact that no matter where he was standing he slid in under the airborne offensive player. complete garbage by the refs.

I heard Emmert (?) being asked about that play on the radio this morning, and he wouldn't address that specific play, but instead started talking about how instant replay might be something they'll look into at the end of games, and that after each round of tourney games they review the refs and half of them get dropped with only the best performing refs moving on. Sounded to me like he was acknowledging it was a blown call and at least those refs will be kept out of the next round of games.

If there was a foul? I didn't see what Thomas did, so don't know if he fouled him or not - but Craft absolutely slid in under the ISU player after he had already left his feet - which is definitely a foul. OSU alum Kellogg is focusing on whether or not his stupid heel is touching the line - while ignoring the fact that no matter where he was standing he slid in under the airborne offensive player. complete garbage by the refs.

I heard Emmert (?) being asked about that play on the radio this morning, and he wouldn't address that specific play, but instead started talking about how instant replay might be something they'll look into at the end of games, and that after each round of tourney games they review the refs and half of them get dropped with only the best performing refs moving on. Sounded to me like he was acknowledging it was a blown call and at least those refs will be kept out of the next round of games.

Thomas bodied him. It could have been a foul or a no-call, but that contact occurred before the alleged charge. I think that Craft was there, but it is debatable whether or not he was in the restricted area [his foot obviously wasn't down, but if it is a vertical "cylinder" from the area, then he might have been over it.

I don't see it as a giant conspiracy / OSU cheating their way to a win, but it was an impactful call that easily could have gone the other way. If that basket counts, I think ISU would have beaten them. But you have to credit Craft for making those plays--not just drawing the charge, but also scoring the next possession and then drilling the onions three to win it as time expired.

if you watch, thomas turns his body and catches the isu player with his body- it was odd as thomas was in good position and then turned.. as rf said no conspiracy just sucky calls.

Thomas bodied him. It could have been a foul or a no-call, but that contact occurred before the alleged charge. I think that Craft was there, but it is debatable whether or not he was in the restricted area [his foot obviously wasn't down, but if it is a vertical "cylinder" from the area, then he might have been over it.

I don't see it as a giant conspiracy / OSU cheating their way to a win, but it was an impactful call that easily could have gone the other way. If that basket counts, I think ISU would have beaten them. But you have to credit Craft for making those plays--not just drawing the charge, but also scoring the next possession and then drilling the onions three to win it as time expired.

the head of the NCAA officiating said it was basically a blown call and it's not like a sideline issue where the heel could hover over the line and the player not be out and it's not also up for instant replay review.

Craft is like the anti-Melo. He grabs so much and is "liked" by the announcers, media, etc - he gets away with it. He should foul out in the first half.

Melo, should shoot FT every time he takes it to the basket and is "disliked" - so for him, getting fouled has to result in losing blood. It's crap. A foul is a foul.

Craft is like the anti-Melo. He grabs so much and is "liked" by the announcers, media, etc - he gets away with it. He should foul out in the first half.

Melo, should shoot FT every time he takes it to the basket and is "disliked" - so for him, getting fouled has to result in losing blood. It's crap. A foul is a foul.
It's the rosy cheeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom