How Much Time to Prep for CCSU? | Syracusefan.com

How Much Time to Prep for CCSU?

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
How many days would you devote to prep for CCSU?

I hope SU will spend an extra day or two to prep for MTSU tendencies.

CCSU looks like a mediocre at best FBS program. I would be surprised if they stay within 35-42 points of the Cuse.

I would practice MTSU tendencies early in the prep week. I wouldn't tell the players this. I would just introduce some of the schemes they run offensively and defensively. Rotate and get ready for CCSU in 3 days.

SU absolutely has to run out 3-0 this year. The only way I see a bowl is by going 3-0. MTSU would beat CMU by 14 points. I wouldn't worry about CMU and LSU until game week.

Thoughts? Agree or disagree.

This could cause some concern...CCSU is expected to improve quite a bit. Their QB is decent.

The Central Connecticut football team was tabbed fourth in the 2017 Northeast Conference Football Preseason Coaches' Poll it was announced on Thursday at league's Social Media Day held at MetLife Stadium. Four Blue Devils were also named to the Preseason All-NEC Team.

Senior wide receiver Joey Fields and junior K.J. Smith return on the Central offense and led the quartet of Preseason All-NEC honorees. Senior linebacker Randall Laguerre and senior defensive back Jevon Elmore earned Preseason All-NEC honors and will help anchor the CCSU defense.

Head coach Pete Rossomando is set to begin his third season at the helm of the Blue Devils. Central returns a total of 18 starters, including eight on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.COMPLETE PRESEASON POLL
1. Duquesne (4)
2. Saint Francis (1)
3. Wagner (2)
4. Central Connecticut
5. Sacred Heart
6. Bryant
7. Robert Morris
http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fb ... 0720gpict5

This could cause some concern...CCSU is expected to improve quite a bit. Their QB is decent.

The Central Connecticut football team was tabbed fourth in the 2017 Northeast Conference Football Preseason Coaches' Poll it was announced on Thursday at league's Social Media Day held at MetLife Stadium. Four Blue Devils were also named to the Preseason All-NEC Team.

Senior wide receiver Joey Fields and junior K.J. Smith return on the Central offense and led the quartet of Preseason All-NEC honorees. Senior linebacker Randall Laguerre and senior defensive back Jevon Elmore earned Preseason All-NEC honors and will help anchor the CCSU defense.

Head coach Pete Rossomando is set to begin his third season at the helm of the Blue Devils. Central returns a total of 18 starters, including eight on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball.COMPLETE PRESEASON POLL
1. Duquesne (4)
2. Saint Francis (1)
3. Wagner (2)
4. Central Connecticut
5. Sacred Heart
6. Bryant
7. Robert Morris
I mean that's nice and all, but Babers is going to run away from teams like this, pun intended.

Last edited:
Expect similar to opener last year

Lots of focus on run game, vanilla offense except a few plays to get some points when needed.

I think we have some yips on specials (missed FG and XP) and I am going with a 40-13 Cuse win

Expect similar to opener last year

Lots of focus on run game, vanilla offense except a few plays to get some points when needed.

I think we have some yips on specials (missed FG and XP) and I am going with a 40-13 Cuse win

But but but James Madison put up 56 points and 517 yards on them last year. Anything less than that will be a bummer. I want Dino to be like the Bloody Red Baron and run up the score. Not to mention 2012 U Albany pasting them with 63. Time to act like an ACC team!

Last edited:
Time to settle into a routine. After camp ends you treat this game like every other game.

But but but James Madison put up 56 points and 517 yards on them last year. Anything less than that will be a bummer. I want Dino to be like the Bloody Red Baron and run up the score. Not to mention 2012 U Albany pasting them with 63. Time to act like an ACC team!
Yeah, but Albany...

1. Duquesne (4)
2. Saint Francis (1)
3. Wagner (2)
4. Central Connecticut
5. Sacred Heart
6. Bryant
7. Robert Morris

CCSU is complete garbage. They went 2-9 last year and their coach is 9-24 through 3 seasons. Our walk-ons should smash this team. If we don't blow out this team, we are in for a long season.

They're terrible in a terrible conference.

My hope is I'm asleep on the couch by halftime. Wake up a couple hours later and enjoy the 2nd half - of a laugher.

James Madison is favored against ECU, which is kind of wild to think about.