How we know we're back! | Syracusefan.com

How we know we're back!

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
It's the little things that get me giddy.
On ESPN's commercials for the upcoming "Top 25 Show" on Monday, they always have a graphic of a 4 team playoff bracket. The voice over says something like, "Who's it going to be this week?" The 4 team bracket then shows 4 random teams in the brackets (only relevant teams). Then each spot on the bracket begins to flip through all the relevant teams. For the first time ever, I saw Syracuse for a split second in one of the spots.
Obviously, I'm not suggesting we'll get a playoff spot, but it's just cool to be relevant enough to get all this extra exposure.

It's the little things that get me giddy.
On ESPN's commercials for the upcoming "Top 25 Show" on Monday, they always have a graphic of a 4 team playoff bracket. The voice over says something like, "Who's it going to be this week?" The 4 team bracket then shows 4 random teams in the brackets (only relevant teams). Then each spot on the bracket begins to flip through all the relevant teams. For the first time ever, I saw Syracuse for a split second in one of the spots.
Obviously, I'm not suggesting we'll get a playoff spot, but it's just cool to be relevant enough to get all this extra exposure.
I’m so with you man. It’s an exhilarating feeling being truly relevant and not a one show horse knocking off clemson once in a billion years

My son, when looking at the tv and the score says, "whoa - it's weird seeing a number for a ranking next to Syracuse." Suddenly realized that it's the first time in his life that has happened - he'll be 14 soon. It was a crazy realization. (It's actually been 17 years, right?)

My son, when looking at the tv and the score says, "whoa - it's weird seeing a number for a ranking next to Syracuse." Suddenly realized that it's the first time in his life that has happened - he'll be 14 soon. It was a crazy realization. (It's actually been 17 years, right?)
Sad. It used to be all of the time.

I live in Florida. I was wearing a Syracuse tshirt yesterday. Before our game started vs. WF, some Gator fans saw my shirt and asked me who were playing. I told them WF. They said, "Oh, you'll beat them. Syracuse is a good team." For the first time in a long time, I felt legitimate, relevant and a "somebody" who belongs in the big boy world of college football. I used to dread most Saturdays during CFB season and the inevitable loss. It feels rewarding and enthralling to be part of the Top 25 club.

I live in Florida. I was wearing a Syracuse tshirt yesterday. Before our game started vs. WF, some Gator fans saw my shirt and asked me who were playing. I told them WF. They said, "Oh, you'll beat them. Syracuse is a good team." For the first time in a long time, I felt legitimate, relevant and a "somebody" who belongs in the big boy world of college football. I used to dread most Saturdays during CFB season and the inevitable loss. It feels rewarding and enthralling to be part of the Top 25 club.
It’s happening all over. One of our guys here at work played at Alabama with dabo and has been dismissive of us in the past. Even he has said we’ve turned the corner and have a great coach

When I went to the Tulane Syracuse game in Orleans a couple years ago, Florida was playing LSU at Baton Rouge. My wife and I were walking around the area. Lots of Florida fans, many of them giving us a "What, Syracuse?" look. They didn't even know we were playing in town that Saturday. We've come a long way. lol

I like how they draw it out like every team in top 25 has a chance. While it's only the top 6-10 teams that have a shot

When I went to the Tulane Syracuse game in Orleans a couple years ago, Florida was playing LSU at Baton Rouge. My wife and I were walking around the area. Lots of Florida fans, many of them giving us a "What, Syracuse?" look. They didn't even know we were playing in town that Saturday. We've come a long way. lol
Ha, same exact experience that weekend!

I think when they start flipping through the teams, they go through everyone in the current top 25. It's nice that includes us.

Last edited:
We will know we are back, at least short term, when the Orange ranked in the preseason.

Returning talent...

THIS.

I also live in the South, and for the longest time, during football season, I felt like I might as well be wearing SUNY Binghamton gear. Then I’d jog past someone in Atlanta (the land of transplants) and we’d say “Go Cuse!” to each other followed by the shrugging shoulders emoji.

Feels good to be somebody in the CFB world again!

In noticed that for the first time yesterday. It made my heart do a little flutter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom