Huge problem | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Huge problem

Let me give you two examples of what the problem is...

Down 30+ points and sitting behind the bench watching offensive lineman Tisdale and Chandler giggle and laugh together like a couple of school girls.

Down 30+ points and watching Taj celebrate a first down thanks to a PI call on a pass that he DID NOT CATCH.

The problem is the lack of accountability. Zero discipline. Zero urgency. They quit, plain and simple.

I really like Dino but his program is not going to survive it’s current trajectory from a coaching and personnel standpoint. He needs to make changes and fast. Players and coaches need to be held accountable and they need to be out the door if they aren’t.

Last edited:
Devito is part of the problem. He fails to see open recievers that can pick up first downs while throwing low percentage deep throws to covered guys that go incomplete. He runs out of bounds short of the 1st down marker on 4th down instead of at least putting the ball somewhere in the area of a reciever so they can try to make a play or pick up a PI. He has poor feel for the game.
DeVite tends to wait and wait until he got sacked. A good QB needs to have the sense of urgency.

Down 30+ points and sitting behind the bench watching offensive lineman Tisdale and Chandler giggle and laugh like a couple of school girls.

Down 30+ points and watching Taj celebrate a first down thanks to a PI call on a pass that he DID NOT CATCH.

The problem is the lack of accountability. Zero discipline. Zero urgency. They quit, plain and simple.

I really like Dino but his program is not going to survive it’s current trajectory from a coaching and personnel standpoint. He needs to make changes and fast. Players and coaches need to be held accountable and they need to be out the door if they aren’t.
My sons’s Pee Wee hockey coach wouldn’t let his team get away with half the nonsense that SU football players have gotten away with this year. It’s embarrassing how undisciplined we have been. The staff has failed that aspect of the job miserably.

A bad years gotten ugly but same thing happened Dinos first 2 years.

BC is not a bad team. They beat VT who is up on ND right now.

It’s just a factor in recruiting talent that isn’t P5 level. Our WRs other than Trish are terrible but somehow we’ve won with them before this year.

Down 30+ points and sitting behind the bench watching offensive lineman Tisdale and Chandler giggle and laugh together like a couple of school girls.

The celebration of a good play when we are getting destroyed is not a Taj only problem. We have a ton of guys who do it.

SU and Rutgers are the two worst P5 teams in the country. It’s not even close. Rutgers is licking their chops because they play us next year.

A bad years gotten ugly but same thing happened Dinos first 2 years.

BC is not a bad team. They beat VT who is up on ND right now.

It’s just a factor in recruiting talent that isn’t P5 level. Our WRs other than Trish are terrible but somehow we’ve won with them before this year.

LOL BC lost to Kansas by a ton...Kansas is a team that lost to Coastal Carolina...they are also one of the worst teams in FBS like us and this was one of our worse losses in program history...

LOL BC lost to Kansas by a ton...Kansas is a team that lost to Coastal Carolina...they are also one of the worst teams in FBS like us and this was one of our worse losses in program history...

They are a mid-upper ACC school who could/would win the coastal. We are the worst team after GT.

There’s no gap between BC and UVA/Wake. If we get our act together this offseason we can have a UVA/Wake year next year and get back to where we were last year.

Sometimes you lose by a few scores.

The offensive line isn’t diving short of the first down marker on 4th and 5, or inexplicably trying to reach the ball over the first down marker 1 yd short of it and getting the ball knocked out... , throwing and ducking , he’s in over his head.
Devito makes that play and looked like a pop warner kid that the coach would have promptly benched.All season he has played making bad decisions which brought the heat down on the line and coaches and created this disaster.

Devito makes that play and looked like a pop warner kid that the coach would have promptly benched.All season he has played making bad decisions which brought the heat down on the line and coaches and created this disaster.
The problem is this team will very likely not win another game. This team is undisciplined, does not tackle worth a darn, has no offensive line, it's QB continually makes makes poor decisions and the occasional but rare good throw, we never run a route which takes advantage of the middle of the field that is open to take advantage of, and I could go on. This is overall a bad football team in pretty much all aspects of the game.

Guys/gals. Except for our punter, everything on this team is a problem. Coaching, scheme, horrible OL, regression at the skill positions, TDs feel for the game, tackling, coverage skills and to me the biggest problem of all: no player leadership/passion/will to win. The talent isn’t great but it’s good enough in this dumpster fire of a conference with our joke of an OOC for us to be bowl eligible by now.
100% truth.

The problem is this team will very likely not win another game. This team is undisciplined, does not tackle worth a darn, has no offensive line, it's QB continually makes makes poor decisions and the occasional but rare good throw, we never run a route which takes advantage of the middle of the field that is open to take advantage of, and I could go on. This is overall a bad football team in pretty much all aspects of the game.
I would start there.

DeVito is not the problem. OL is awful, possibly worst in all P5, even treading on D2 quality at this point. Linebackers are clearly not prepared for ACC football. Aaron Rodgers would play poorly with out OL right now.

Agree up until the Aaron Rodgers comment lol...not gonna turn this into an A-a-ron discussion but Na, no way.

They are a mid-upper ACC school who could/would win the coastal. We are the worst team after GT.

There’s no gap between BC and UVA/Wake. If we get our act together this offseason we can have a UVA/Wake year next year and get back to where we were last year.

Sometimes you lose by a few scores.

Our team quit today. That is all

Clearly we had guys who were not interested after awhile in tackling those 2 backs, but it’s been game after game with poor offensive decision making , we had games to win where our defense has played ok. No agenda

After awhile? Literally on the first carry of the game we had multiple guys make fake tackle attempts. They wanted no parts of him right from the beginning.

And Tommy largely has been bad, I agree. I don’t think it’s accurate to call a sophomore QB a “miss”. We’ve had 3 QBs that were good as sophomores that I can think of: Graves, McNabb, and Dungey.

If you watched the game today and are creating posts complaining about the QB then you might have an agenda just saying...

Our defense gave up 500 yards rushing.
Guy hasn't thrown an interception since September and has been sacked 45 times and not lost the football. All his fault, all 691 yards of them.

Guy hasn't thrown an interception since September and has been sacked 45 times and not lost the football. All his fault, all 691 yards of them.
"Not lost the football" that's inaccurate as of today. I dont think people are blaming TD for the horrendous defensive display today, but more the fact that he has looked out of his depth as a D1 qb for the whole season. Yes the o line sucks, but his decision making/football IQ seem to be awful. There's far too much talent on this team for us to be this bad, something is very wrong. Let's hope it all changes... next year, cause it wont this year

"Not lost the football" that's inaccurate as of today. I dont think people are blaming TD for the horrendous defensive display today, but more the fact that he has looked out of his depth as a D1 qb for the whole season. Yes the o line sucks, but his decision making/football IQ seem to be awful. There's far too much talent on this team for us to be this bad, something is very wrong. Let's hope it all changes... next year, cause it wont this year
Totally agree, TD has looked like he lacks a good football IQ. Hopefully that will change after this year. I still have faith in the kid because the arm talent is there. He needs to vastly improve the other things that make you a good/great quarterback. Only time will tell.

If you watched the game today and are creating posts complaining about the QB then you might have an agenda just saying...

Our defense gave up 500 yards rushing.

Yes, the defense quit.

They have also been playing reasonably well. Not All American, but when you're holding teams to the teens and twenties, and they're still generating turnovers, well, the defense has pretty much done their jobs.

Don't get me wrong. Our fundamentals remain poor, and they have given up a few times this year. But with that offense, it's easy to get down.

We've gone from scoring 40 points a game last year to 20 points a game this year, and ask yourself, how much of our offensive production, statistically, has come in garbage time? Our offense seldom makes plays when the game is still in doubt. They tend to make things look respectable after the game has already been lost.

It's like pitching for a team that can't hit. The pressure of throwing a shutout to have a chance to win gets to you after a while.

Tommy actually looked great until we went down two TDs and he had to start pressing. Thought this was one of the more encouraging offensive efforts through a quarter and a half. OL actually was serviceable.
I thought he did play well and the first series was his best because of the play calling. Rewatched it and lynch was on point and Td delivered. Stack worked great. Td rollout once on rpo. It was how games were called before. Lynch stopped calling plays that were putting us in good spots. Then Td went downhill cause he had to press as u said bnoro. Maddening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom