Huggy Bear resigns | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many p5's have openings in June and would offer NIL without a Euro tour?

Seems like we dropped the Euro tour when Jesse backed out. I don't see him playing anymore college ball in the USA. Carlton?
We dropped the Euro tour because it's not really safe to be in Israel right now.

How many p5's have openings in June and would offer NIL without a Euro tour?

Seems like we dropped the Euro tour when Jesse backed out. I don't see him playing anymore college ball in the USA. Carlton?
Believe we dropped the Euro tour before Jesse portaled. We were working on a reclassification of his visa and/or payment in the Netherlands. I imagine there may have been some All Star tour opportunities overseas as well.

Summing this thread up:

1) Bob Huggins has a serious life threatening problem and he needs to do something to correct it or he and possibly someone else may die.

2) whatever happens with the WVU team (I do not believe 8 players will leave the team), it does not affect whatever agreement Jesse Edwards has to play at that school.

3) Even if there was a chance that Jesse Edwards was to leave WVU, I hope that he would not consider coming back to Syracuse.

4) I would hope that Coach Autry has enough integrity to avoid any circumstance where Jesse Edwards would be allowed to return to Syracuse as a player.

5) I wish that those who want him to come back to Syracuse realize that Jess Edwards is an adult who transferred because it was financially the best for him and his family.

6) Finally, to all those looking at what-if and looking for manna from heaven, MOVE ON and be happy with the potentially exciting team Syracuse has.

“I don't think he's a fit for how we're going to play.”
I don’t think Coach Red would agree with you at all. He definitely wanted Jesse back, wanted to make him and Judah the centerpiece of next year’s team, and they tried to find the NIL dollars to entice him back.

Bird in the hand.

After he left, Red found a replacement who doesn't need the ball all the time.

Might just be me but all this is just very very sad. Someone needs to care enough about him to get him serious help - forget basketball - this is about his life and the others who may encounter him while drunk - their lives, their family’s lives , his own family and loved ones. They need him to care about himself, his loved ones more than he cares about drinking. Hope WVU administration decides to care more about him personally to not give a dam about basketball.
What’s sad is this sack of crap putting innocent lives at risk despite being afforded every means to not have to do that .

We dropped the Euro tour because it's not really safe to be in Israel right now.
That’s the perception. But I bet it’s safer than being in the US

Just the opposite. People that have a history of Business, life and sports know you can't last long screwing over people. We made promises to kids about their future with the team this year. We did that because jesse bailed on us. Not the other way around. We cancelled the foreign trip. I wish Jesse was still here. He left us. Said some negative things on his way out the door. We made commitments to other kids. Now, because things didn't work out at West Virginia, we should reneg on what we have done in response? That isn't a good long term way to operate. Might help us this year. Might not. But we will regret it at some point if we did that.

With one notable exception.

Let's hypothetically say Jesse returns. If another center wants out, then you free him to go elsewhere. With Jesse in his last year; maybe, that makes it easier to get a stud 2024 center, like Freeman's buddy, Patrick Ngongba.
They just can’t up and move like Jesse can

Did not even read your post. Mainly referring to stuff about how the new style under Red would not suit Jesse and what have you. If Jesse supposedly clogged up the paint a lot when he was here how much of that is on the coaching? If Red were to tell him to get out of the paint more often for our slashing guards this year he would do it. That just seems like a weak argument based in emotions.

I have no resentment for Jesse. He left for what he felt was a better deal. But we may have a top 50 recruit at every other position. If we get stuck in a halfcourt game, there won't be enough balls to go around. If Jesse focused on the pick and roll game rather than those failed back to the basket moves, it could work.

So why would Jesse care unless huggy takes his cash away?

I agree that his pops burned some serious bridges with his bad faith negotiations. And yes, I know Cuse found the NIL money that his dad asked for and then they came back and asked for more, and that’s infuriating. But, again, does that mean the bridge is permanently burned in our coaching staff’s minds? Maybe. Maybe not. I feel like people are reacting with emotion not logic to the idea of Jesse returning to the fold.
Partially true. I also don’t think he fits the new roster at all.

We just got four guys through the portal. Do we really want to tell that story?
Were any of them 4 year player(and 2 year starters) who were one of the main guys on their team last year?

They were all guys who could benefit from a new situation/change of scenery. Not established 5th year seniors that played all game and got the ball all the time and averaged 14 and 10.

And just to prove we aren't the only crazy fanbase, they are hoping for Joe Mazz (good chance he leaves the celts) Jay Wright, he has always wanted to live in West Virginia and Jim Boeheim. John Beilein is also a fan favorite. Now, if I was their AD, I might actually call all 4. I have never been afraid of being hung up on or laughed at. Check with the woman I have called in my life.

That’s the perception. But I bet it’s safer than being in the US
Wonder if they were spooked by the judicial reform domestic riots? Otherwise, terrorism is no worse than when they signed onto the tour

Having no inside knowledge, it seems that the Admin. is opposed to NIL without a Euro tour. Too dangerous for Cuse to set precedence and have to defend it

There are scenarios where Jesse could lose the WVU money: 1)deciding that the money is not worth it for playing on a last place team, team canceling their Euro tour if they have one, or admin. no longer willing to allow questionable NIL when there is no prospect of having a competitive team, withdrawal of offer if the donor foresees a dumpster fire team.

It doesn’t matter how many times NIL has to be explained on either board. Facts are meaningless for certain people in this world. They’ll just invent what fits their argument.
Facts are meaningless and only gets in the way of dreams and desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom