Huggy Bear resigns | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, she’s not helping him at all.
That's also not at all what she said. If you read it, she fully admits it was a mistake and many other things. A ridiculous take on what she said.

That's also not at all what she said. If you read it, she fully admits it was a mistake and many other things. A ridiculous take on what she said.

It was paraphrasing but come on. The letter does him or her no benefit. I've seen what that level of intoxication can do. You wanna excuse someone or let them off some for a level that could kill others and himself? There is no semantics to argue around here. The university was right and she is wrong trying to find a way to say other things he has done offsets this. Also the 60 days in rehab offer is like offering to sit out the first two exhibition games of the season.

She's wrapping up an effort to show him as a victim with a lot of window dressing. It's bad.

It was paraphrasing but come on. The letter does him or her no benefit. I've seen what that level of intoxication can do. You wanna excuse someone or let them off some for a level that could kill others and himself? There is no semantics to argue around here. The university was right and she is wrong trying to find a way to say other things he has done offsets this. Also the 60 days in rehab offer is like offering to sit out the first two exhibition games of the season.

She's wrapping up an effort to show him as a victim with a lot of window dressing. It's bad.
Agree. My cousin died of opioid addiction in 2015. It doesn't make me an expert on addiction - far from it. But I can share what we learned from the experience. I do have empathy for the Huggins based on that experience. It's a horrible disease and it is easy to be in denial. We probably shouldn't have chalked up my cousin's injuries that enabled him to get access to opioids to "clumsiness" as long as we did. But at a certain point, you need to wake up and realize there is a problem that needs to be addressed. This should be it for the Huggins family. Getting drunk enough to have a .21 is NOT something that 90% of us do and he's darn lucky he didn't kill anyone. That's just continued enablement.

She said that her dad is not an alcoholic. When his employer felt the need to hire a driver for him, it should have been a wake up call for him and his family that he has a problem with alcohol and yes he is an alcoholic.

She said that her dad is not an alcoholic. When his employer felt the need to hire a driver for him, it should have been a wake up call for him and his family that he has a problem with alcohol and yes he is an alcoholic.
No doubt. However, whether or not he or his family decide to use the label "alcoholic" seems unimportant. The fact that his decision could have easily led to the death of him or others makes the rest of her statement irrelevant. Two kids in my area were recently killed by a guy going the wrong way down a road with a 0.15 BAC. A 0.21 is way beyond a "mistake."

Agree. My cousin died of opioid addiction in 2015. It doesn't make me an expert on addiction - far from it. But I can share what we learned from the experience. I do have empathy for the Huggins based on that experience. It's a horrible disease and it is easy to be in denial. We probably shouldn't have chalked up my cousin's injuries that enabled him to get access to opioids to "clumsiness" as long as we did. But at a certain point, you need to wake up and realize there is a problem that needs to be addressed. This should be it for the Huggins family. Getting drunk enough to have a .21 is NOT something that 90% of us do and he's darn lucky he didn't kill anyone. That's just continued enablement.

Yep. It should be about getting him help at this point. Standing up and hammering on WVU is most definitely not that.

No doubt. However, whether or not he or his family decide to use the label "alcoholic" seems unimportant. The fact that his decision could have easily led to the death of him or others makes the rest of her statement irrelevant. Two kids in my area were recently killed by a guy going the wrong way down a road with a 0.15 BAC. A 0.21 is way beyond a "mistake."

If a person refuses to accept that they have a problem with alcohol and that they are an alcoholic, they will keep drinking and keep putting themselves and others in harmful situations.
Huggy will keep drinking until he admits to himself that he has a problem with alcohol which is admitting that he is an alcoholic. Most people need to hit their "bottom" before they can admit that they have a problem. Some people never hit a bottom and don't care who they harm. Sad but true.

Just going to add something personal. My mother was an alcoholic which in part with other bad habits ultimately resulted in cancer and killing her two years ago at just 58 yrs old. People can be compassionate and do nice things in life and have great relationships that are forever while having an issue. They tend to also have the opposite side to which they put others at risk and do harm. I'm not trying to say Huggins has skeletons beyond the DUIs in his closet but reality is most people with a problem do. Those that enable them always try and deflect from the ugly side of it with the good things. Nothing wrong with celebrating the good but it never washes away the bad and only perpetuates the cycle to often a very sad ending for all.

Oh, we’ll if she admits it was a mistake then, I guess it’s all good.

She uses logical fallacies and straight up likely lies or willful ignorance to 1) “defend” her millionaire dad that blew a .21 that has all the resources in the world to not be driving drunk and 2) totally ignore any of the systemic issues Huggy has had that he has gotten away with and still been paid more than 99.9% of the people in this world.

People aren’t single entity beings. Just bc Huggy likely has an alcohol issue, doesn’t mean he couldn’t have done good things in his life. But that doesn’t excuse his actions.

At .21, he’s putting everyone in danger that he’s near when he drives that car, including himself.

Recycling cans? That’s ridiculous. But even if it’s true, so what? He blew a .21.

You can say all the admins at the schools are terrible or that Huggy is a saint on Sundays. All of it doesn’t matter. .21 and driving. After numerous other issues.

They should be thanking their lucky stars this is the worst of what happened.

Many times those closest to alcoholics and addicts become as sick as they are. Its been a blessing to see my loved ones recover and grow as I have done since I got sober and began making an honest attempt to face reality and improve.

I believe this was Huggins 3rd DWI in his lifetime. Enough said. That combined with his statements a few months ago, WVU had no other choice and I don't care what his daughter has to say. Alcohol problem aside, 3rd DWI? Serioulsy. He loaded up a cooler, filled it with beer and was driving all lover the GD place. 100% complete disregard for others well being.

Not a ton of gray area here, IMO.

If mark few got popped again I would expect him to lose his job as well.

Jesse went to WVU for the money not the coach, so maybe Jesse isn't going to leave. He shared this Huggy tribute...

I believe this was Huggins 3rd DWI in his lifetime. Enough said. That combined with his statements a few months ago, WVU had no other choice and I don't care what his daughter has to say. Alcohol problem aside, 3rd DWI? Serioulsy. He loaded up a cooler, filled it with beer and was driving all lover the GD place. 100% complete disregard for others well being.

Not a ton of gray area here, IMO.

If mark few got popped again I would expect him to lose his job as well.
I'll leave names out of it by I had a friend growing up (I'm an 80's kid) whose Dad kept 12 pack of beer behind the drivers seat and would polish off a couple on the 15 min. ride to the ski slope

If a person refuses to accept that they have a problem with alcohol and that they are an alcoholic, they will keep drinking and keep putting themselves and others in harmful situations.
Huggy will keep drinking until he admits to himself that he has a problem with alcohol which is admitting that he is an alcoholic. Most people need to hit their "bottom" before they can admit that they have a problem. Some people never hit a bottom and don't care who they harm. Sad but true.

If this isn't the bottom I don't want to find out what the bottom is.

If this isn't the bottom I don't want to find out what the bottom is.

Everyone's bottom is different. Some people end up living under a bridge and think that everything is fine. Only time will tell for Huggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom